[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one become a hyperpolyglot? I stumbled upon an article

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Polyglot[1].jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Polyglot[1].jpg
24KB, 400x300px
How does one become a hyperpolyglot? I stumbled upon an article about Uku Masing, an Estonian translator where it is claimed that 'At his peak Masing was able to speak around 65 languages with the ability to translate from 20 of them.'
Being able to read in 20 many languages is already impressive, but to translate from all them sounds incredible.
Any other examples of polyglot translators?
>>
Currently struggling to learn french. I plan on learning german, russian, and greek at some point in my life
>>
I'm guessing no matter how hard most people try, they won't achieve that level of fluency in that many languages. That person was just an outlier with a weird brain.
>>
Dude English, French, Russian, German, Spanish, Italian and Greek are the only languages actually worth learning for literature. Add Chinese, Japanese and Latin if you're particularly autistic.
>>
>>8865927
He wasn't fluent in 65, he was fluent in 20. I could reasonably do that, specially considering how some languages, like spanish, italian and portuguese, come in bundles.
Actually, he was barely fluent in 20, since he could translate FROM them.
>>
>>8865861
hyper, primary-tier autism
>>
File: 1480279385906.jpg (48KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1480279385906.jpg
48KB, 400x462px
>>8865933
>no Latin
>>
If you are really dedicated I bet you can "speak" 10 or more languages. However I think most hyperglots just have a surface level understanding of each language they speak and are able to stretch it further with cognates.
>>
>>8866428
Holy fuck you suck at reading
>>
>>8865933
If you're a pleb, sure.
>>
>>8866428
looks like you need to master english first hon
>>
>>8867387
I could see an 60 year old having actually acquired fluency in 10 languages. The main obstacle is just vocabulary and idioms. Any grammar takes a few years tops to really understand but languages are fucking immense when you factor in the context that each word has.

Maybe some kind of savant can bypass this, idk.
>>
>>8865861
Obviously you have to study and not waste time shitposting.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.