[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gass poster! Why did you never emphasize just how extremely comfy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 156188.jpg (36KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
156188.jpg
36KB, 260x400px
Gass poster! Why did you never emphasize just how extremely comfy Omensetters luck is. So far this book has been nothing but the epitome of comfort. In a comforting vein similar to that of Mason and Dixon. The story is wonderful and the writing is beautiful. One thing you got right was Gasses(lol) ability to create beautiful prose. Anons you must read this book. Look beyond the meme that is the tunnel (even though it's great, a little negative, but that's okay) and try out some Gass. This book is where everyone should start ( if you need a starting point ). Also who else loves this series of penguins? The covers are great.
>>
So I read The Pedersen Kid and, while I found it very impressive, I didn't love it. I didn't have much of an emotional reaction to it, which caused me to find it good but not for me, I guess. I will say, the prose was fantastic (if self-indulgent at times).

Should I bother with Omensetter's Luck or the rest of In the Heart of the Heart of the Country (goddamn I love that title) if The Pedersen Kid didn't do it for me?
>>
>>8865539
I was going to start with In the Heart of the Heart of the Country
>>
>>8865562
Have you read mason and Dixon? Omensetters luck is somewhat similar to it, in that it's magical and whimsical at times. If the idea of omensetters luck interests you go for it. I knew from the first few pages I would love this book. that rarely happens to me anymore.
>>
>>8865539
Gass writes like a faggot.
>>
>>8865979
no u
>>
>>8865562
I didn't love that story, but I liked well enough. The story "In the Heart of the Heart of the Country" is stunningly beautiful. So yes, you should read more of his stuff. We were in similar boats and I ended up loving Gass.
>>
>>8865589
Absolutely love the ocassional whimsy and tenderness found in M&D. One of my favorite books, Wittgenstein's Nephew, has some of the tenderest moments in literature (especially when compared to the rest of the novel) and it is so evocative and beautiful. So tell you what, friend - check out Wittgenstein's Nephew by Thomas Bernhard and I'll check out Omensetter's Luck.
>>8865994
I definitely will! The Pedersen Kid was spoken about as the best story in the collection when Gass was memed more, so I wasn't sure if reading the rest would be worth it.
I liked Gass' use of ambiguity in The Pedersen Kid very much though at times I couldn't help but feel I was missing something major - I wanted him to pull away the curtain obfuscating the story a bit more sometimes.
>>
>>8866887
oh snap I'll check out Bernhard for sure famalamalama
>>
Omensetter's luck is not worth drudging through for few paragraphs that did work for Grass.

His prose is as beautiful as it is inane rambling for the sake of sounding well. The story is cliche and you can easily predict the ending.

Don't waste your time on this bad Gass.
>>
>>8865539
Omensetter's Luck and In The Heart of The Heart of The Country are both 3/5s for me. I prefer the other stuff.
>>
>>8866937
here I'm giving you 4chan gold
you trigger me
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.