[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Moments in books that give you le chills >You know what:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: goosebumps.jpg (51KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
goosebumps.jpg
51KB, 620x387px
ITT: Moments in books that give you le chills

>You know what: I'm afraid you're a dream, a ghost sitting there in front of me." he murmured.
>There's no chost, sir, besides the two of us, sir, and some third one. No doubt he's here now, that third one, between the two of us."
>Who is it? Who is here? What third one?" Ivan Fyodorovich said fearfully, looking around, his eyes hastily searching for someone in all the corners.
>That third one is God, sir, Providence itself, sir, it's all right here with us now, sir, only don't look for it, you won't find it.
>>
>>8864457
From The Genealogy of Morals, Essay 1, Section 16

"In an even more decisive and profound sense than then, Judea once again triumphed over
the classical ideal with the French Revolution: the last political nobility in Europe, that of the French
seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, collapsed under the ressentiment-instincts of the rabble, – the world had never
heard greater rejoicing and more uproarious enthusiasm! True, the most
dreadful and unexpected thing happened in the middle: the ancient ideal itself appeared bodily and with unheard-of splendor before the eye and
conscience of mankind, and once again, stronger, simpler and more penetrating than ever, in answer to the old, mendacious
ressentiment slogan of priority for the majority, of man’s will to baseness, abasement, leveling,
decline and decay, there rang out the terrible and enchanting counter-slogan:priority for the few!
Like a last signpost to the otherpath, Napoleon appeared as a man more unique and late-born for his times than ever a man
had been before, and in him, the problem of the noble ideal itself was made flesh – just think
what a problem that is: Napoleon, this synthesis of Unmensch (brute) and Übermensch (overman) . . ."
>>
File: uewb_08_img0556.jpg (8KB, 227x279px) Image search: [Google]
uewb_08_img0556.jpg
8KB, 227x279px
The moment in the Bell Jar when she realises she constantly imagines different futures for herself but can't commit to any other so lives her life achieving none of them.

Too close to home senpai
>>
>>8864900
literally every philosopher in the 18th century jacks off over nappy
>>
>>8864457
Only one enemy remained; two if you counted God.
>>
>>8864914
that wasnt in the book, it was just you.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1024x768px
"Father, am I the man for whom Christ died?"
>>
>when the guy in my diary, desu finally sleeps with the girl he loves
>>
>>8864457
I want to start reading Fyodor Dostoyevsky, where do I begin?
>>
>>8866803
Move to siberia and farm the barely arable soil
>>
>>8866806
im just gonna read notes from the underground
>>
>>8866828
this is why you're a failure
>>
>>8864457
the book of Job and book of Ecclesiastes.
The dozen or so verses between them that say "better never to have been born at all". The blatant "there is no point to life" messages, the proto-absurdism, the antinatalism, the humble words from the richest and wisest king of that time.
Solomon's statement that there is no meaning to life, and the way of a good life is to eat, drink, and work with your hands. Really hit me.
Job's inquiry to God, asking what the meaning of life is and God's response of "the meaning of life is shut the fuck up, Job."
I really didn't expect such heavy proto-existentialist themes from the Bible, it was pretty jarring
>>
>>8866803
With the Greeks, Anon, where else could you possibly begin?
>>
>le chills
>not goose mountains
>>
>>8866975
>goose mountains
>not lil skin bumperinos
>>
frisson or horripilation
>>
>>8866986
wait until you graduate to epidermal froth
>>
>>8864914
Just finished this book the other day, I love that part too. The imagery of the rotting figs was great
>>
I don't remember the exact quote, but in 1984 when he says 2+2=5 and it's not good enough to just say it, he has to believe it too. Also the ending line of the novel
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.