[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no disease >no poverty >no scarcity >no war >pneumatic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: BNW.jpg (54KB, 301x452px) Image search: [Google]
BNW.jpg
54KB, 301x452px
>no disease
>no poverty
>no scarcity
>no war
>pneumatic girls for everyone
>fun drugs for everyone
>great vidya for everyone
>anime made real for everyone

More like Based New World.
>>
File: 1481262095580.jpg (13KB, 164x312px) Image search: [Google]
1481262095580.jpg
13KB, 164x312px
>>8862910
It's apparent that the story is about an utopia, friend.
>>
>>8862913
I was of the same opinion. However, many middle class people have told me over a craft beer and a cigarette that they would never want to live such a safe and easy life and that life only becomes valuable with true feeling, with risk and danger, not merely empty consumerism.

They show me their Instagram pictures of their backpacking trips on their iPhones and tell me that they couldn't imagine living without this type of adventure. They couldn't live safe and easy lives in a world of mass production and consumerism where everyone thinks the same. They're unique individuals.
>>
>>8862910
>caste system
>yfw literally engineered to be born retarded

you'd fit right in op
>>
>>8862910
I see some alcohol was injected into your embryo OP
>>
>>8862937
Whether or not you admit it, you think you're special too
>>
>>8862937
>I was of the same opinion. However, many middle class people have told me over a craft beer and a cigarette that they would never want to live such a safe and easy life and that life only becomes valuable with true feeling, with risk and danger, not merely empty consumerism.
Aghg, I fucking hate people like that. YOU'RE FUCKING RICH AND SHELTERED AS FUCK AGGHGHGH FUCKING CONSERVIKEKS

>>8863044
fuck you
>>
>>8863044
It's a psychological condition that we all have in some way I guess, but the difference lies in how you engage with it.

I can see through it on some level which makes me reflect before I get a quote tattooed in cursive and book a two way ticket to Thailand.
>>
>>8863373
Well, obviously, but the point is that if pressed (even if you're a hard determinist) you'll take issue with BNW. In this case not on an intellectual or moral level, but an aesthetic or purely emotional one
>>
>>8863023
Nigga we already live in a caste system. The only difference is that mobility between classes is allowed. But with the option of mobility comes conflict and nastiness. Being engineered and determined at birth removes all conflict, creating a perfect society like ants where workers work, drones fly away to mate, and queens lay eggs.
>>
>>8863389
class stratification and an actual caste system are obviously distinct, but you already know that

this is not freemarket apologetics, nor an argument for free will, but i couldn't choose to be NEET in BNW now could I?
>>
>>8863389
>Look to the Ant
>Consider Her Ways
John Wyndham has a short story on this. I think it got made into an episode of The Hitchcock Hour if you can't stand books.
>>
>>8863382
Maybe the world of BNW wouldn't be compatible with my specific ego as it is, being immersed in snowflake ideology, but that wouldn't be an issue if I were to be conditioned for that world from birth.

I don't think we should ask if we would like being in that world, but if the people in BNW on average would enjoy being in their world more than we do being in our world.

I would say the answer to that is definitely yes.
>>
>>8862937
I am disappointed to learn that those people are a 'thing' common enough that both I and some random internet anon both experience them

My particular example plays videogames then tells me how they live for 'real' danger and meaning... I HATE IT
>>
interestingly enough, all the methods of controlling the population in a Brave New World are used by the population to create a happy life in Huxley's utopian novel Island
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.