[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you realize that every evil in this world from religious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: it doesn't get better.jpg (51KB, 567x553px) Image search: [Google]
it doesn't get better.jpg
51KB, 567x553px
>tfw you realize that every evil in this world from religious fundamentalism to progressivism has its roots in scientism
>tfw you realize that the world would be a better place if unqualified people weren't allowed to read religious text or be exposed to science in any form from academic research to pop-sci
Books for this feel
>>
Evola, desu
>>
>>8862032
>religious fundamentalists, who believe in divine revelation, are a product of scientism
Did religious fundamentalism only appear after Bacon's writings on the philosophy of science?
>>
The world would still be a shithole
>>
I wouldn't call either religious fundementalism or progressivism evil. You could call them bad if they are overdone, but whatever. Also how the fuck does scientism tie into all this
>>
>>8862032
>>8862083
I actually get what he's trying to say though calling it scientism is off, but basically the problem is people without training in critical thinking having access to the text to misinterpret and spread their misinterpretation. If there was a scholarly class that held the keys to all knowledge then that wouldn't be a problem.
Of course it create plenty of other problems, many of them functionally the same as that one. It doesn't matter if we prevent people from starting up their own jihad's when the pope is perfectly willing to call a crusade.
The truth is that this is just another step humanity must go through and if it survives it will be all the better.

Step 1. Only a select few are educated, though very well educated
Step 2. Shitty education for everyone, people think they're equal to the elite and democratize philosophy resulting in a fuck ton of stupidity
Step 3. Great education for everyone

We'll get there someday, if we can live through the coming ecological disaster
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.