[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A question for all /lit/ writefags. So, I am sure you have all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

A question for all /lit/ writefags. So, I am sure you have all had the experience of reading through your either material you wrote from way back, or even stuff from recently and reacting with a what-the-fuck-was-I-thinking-then horror at the awfulness of it all. Well, do you keep it as a kind of lesson to yourself or just move on get rid of it totally?
>>
>>8861560
good band
>>
>>8861566
Spectacular band, but they kind of ruined music a bit for me; after them nothing quite seemed to match up. The first Tame Impala album is fit to sit at the same table as them though.
>>
>>8861560
What kind of stupid priorities do you have to care about this inconsequential shit?

Regardless I'd keep it because why the fuck not
>>
>>8861578
>What kind of stupid priorities do you have to care about this inconsequential shit?

I was thinking along the lines of some kind of mental spring cleaning/detox effect.
>>
>>8861574
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7mUBb394JE

also, i destroyed all writing from when i was a teenager because it was super dumb and embarrassing.
>>
>>8861612
Cheers anon, and yeah super dumb and embarrassing sounds about right for how I feel about some of my stuff from back then. My only reason for potentially keeping it would be as a benchmark for awfulness, a kind of reverse inspiration.

Cheers also for the music recommendation. This is also a great piece of MBV acolyteism:
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46XU6PGvIP4
>>
people are way too self conscious.

keep writing, if you think its shit, give it some time, try wrriting something else and then go back to it

seriously, you think all major writers loved their writings from the beginning of a novel to its end?
>>
>>8861718
Agreed, and point taken. However when it's what I deem to be good then I do enjoy reading my own stuff, both old and new.

The gear I'm thinking about for sure is bad though, mostly cringe inducing. Too much stuff I wrote when I was smoking a lot of weed which made me think it was 10 to 100 times better than it actually was.
>>
>>8861560
I usually write on my phone/computer, and I posted most of my poems on a small forum dedicated for writing since I was 16, which is approximately the age I started writing "seriously". I didn't delete the early cringy cliche ones, and sometimes I even look them up again and see how my writing progressed, and how I used the criticism I was given there by other writers. Today it's pretty dead.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.