[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you have typewriters? Are they still worth having,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Underwoodfive.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Underwoodfive.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
Do any of you have typewriters? Are they still worth having, or do computers completely dominate typewriters at everything? If you saw a fellow /lit/izen with a typewriter, would you call him pretentious?

I'm thinking of getting my English major, aspiring author girlfriend a typewriter for Christmas. Is this a good idea, or a waste of money?
>>
I have a typewriter, but I never write on it. It's kind of a neat decoration or conversation piece, but in terms of actually writing on it? Absolutely not. I wrote about 4 or 5 pages of a story and it's noisy, a pain to format, and just cumbersome.
>>
>>8858940
A typewriter is the worst of both worlds, there's no reason to use one in lieu of a computer or writing by hand and it offers no advantages.
It's a cool decorative piece that you could use here and there to write letters or whatever, but long formwriting is unnecessarily cumbersome
>>
I have a typewriter because for some reason I literally can't write "good" fiction on a pc. I need to feel the words. Might be autistic but nothing but the truth
>>
>>8858940
she'll love it and never use it.

I have one, and I use it; I use it because it more reliably has ink than my printer for writing formal letters. I am an abject failure at life, evidently, and that is probably the only circumstances in which anyone still uses one.

btw if she ever uses it to write a personal letter to her, dump her ass for not knowing basic etiquette. Unless you're into that high protocol nonsense.
>>
>>8858940
Buy her a nice pen instead.
>>
>>8858981
>to her
to *you
See? Failure at life. I'd have to retype that whole page or buy white-out.
>>
>>8858985
I got her a fountain pen a couple years ago.
>>8858990
kek
>>
>>8858940
I have a good Olivetti, but using typewriters is edgy and hipster as fuck. So, yeah, that means it's fucking pretentious.
>>
An electric typewriter is one thing, using a manual one is just awful
>>
>>8859098
>electric typewriter
post an example
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.