[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reading this because I feel like I have to or else people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (10KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 197x256px
>reading this because I feel like I have to or else people will call me a pleb although I have zero social life and have never talked about books since I was in school
>it's LITERALLY just elementary Econ 101 supply and demand applied 50 trillion times
>"The king's new law increased supply; the price fell!"
>"The supply from America decreased; the price rose!"

Now imagine those two quotes filling ten pages each and then repeated all the time (I'm on about page 200). Jesus fucking Christ.

Of course there are many pseudo intellectuals who masturbate over old books who pretend that this is worthwhile. I think this form of pseudo intellectualism is fear of the modern world and the multipolar nature of intellectual achievement. You can't learn all of maths by next week. You need level 5000 autism to contribute to anything. Even the kiddie pool is gigantic (you could spend your life learning introductory things).

So the pseudo intellectuals retreat and pretend that only stuff before 1900 matters. They can't bear admitting that they can't know even 1 %.
>>
>>8847060
Damn you are stupid.
>>
This books great, even today, why make this post, im literally going to report you for being such a baiting simpleton.
>>
>>8847060
Try quoting from the book itself instead of what I would guess is some dumb ass game. Also try not to talk in tropes so much.
>>
Except the fact you even knew that before reading the book was because of the book's monumental impact in establishing those ideas.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>8847102

>ideas only exist if established in academia
>never mind that fucking cave men and women who placed value on gold could clearly fucking grasp supply and demand

LOL
>>
>>8847123
>never mind that fucking cave men and women who placed value on gold could clearly fucking grasp supply and demand
That is not an example of supply and demand...

Lol that you've just implied you're dumber than cave men and women tho.
>>
>>8847060
>wtf the foundational text of modern liberal economics reads like econ 101!

It goes deeper than that once you read through btw.
>>
>>8847060
try Capital, bitch
>>
>>8847060
now read it again and see how it's been misquoted by neoliberalists : )
>>
File: image.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
>>8847060
He talks about the fucking Illuminati—there's NO way you'd miss that if you were actually reading it you dunce.
>>
I'm on like page 130 and yeah its pretty boring, but many of the historically significant books are.
>>
>>8847060
He wrote this in a time where governments thought that countries prospered based on which one had the most bullion in the treasury.

Smith was trying to convince them against this aspect of mercantilism and mercantilism in general.
>>
>>8847327
Popularizing and developing Hume's price-specie-flow mechanism was definitely a big part of it. There's all sorts of shit in there though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.