[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good read about comparing Millenials to the Lost Generation.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1474698424801.jpg (738KB, 2008x1274px) Image search: [Google]
1474698424801.jpg
738KB, 2008x1274px
Good read about comparing Millenials to the Lost Generation.

http://pastebin.com/Vw3i3zqK
>>
Agreed. I was at work today and thought about how fucking nice everyone is.

You go to Copenhagen and they're not that phoney.
>>
>>8842774

Conveniently letting out the fact that the lost generation was mainly the male part. Can not put my finger on whether the author willingly refuses to draw obvious parallels here.
The comparison is still pretty far fetched though, most people nowadays actually are complacent, contrary to what the author assumes. There seems to be a lot of rationalizing at work here, I see where this guy is coming from, but the people he describes are a minority, hardly enough to represent a generation. The fact that mass media is able to give a clearer insight into the actuall amount of social dropouts there is, does not mean that there is anything exceptional about the current generation. We are not even close to the amount of desperation those guys back then must have felt, feeling so out of place that they let themselves get dragged into another horrible war to end it once and for all.
>>
>>8843566
>The comparison is still pretty far fetched though, most people nowadays actually are complacent, contrary to what the author assumes

Are you implying most people during the Lost Generation weren't also complacent
>>
>>8842774

I'm not trolling when I say that I believe that the alt-right is the saving face of the human race in the West. /lit/ just needs to come to term with that so we can fulfil our duty of being the intellectual arm of the alt-right.

In order to achieve a good base support in lit we should:
>Start more alt-right threads
>Continue to argue against Liberalism and Communism
>Sage all threads that try to distract from our cause

Hopefully we can come together as a board. Looking forward to this guys! Spread this post around!
>>
So we're going to have a Joyce, a Hemingway, a Fitzgerald, and an Eliot in our generation?
>>
>>8843591
Nobody reads anymore. So even if we do, they won't be relevant.
>>
>>8842774
Pree cool, OP. I was just thinking about this the other day, actually.

>>8843591
I want to call Hemingway, but I'll probably be lucky to wind up a poor man's Fitzgerald.
>>
>>8843591
>Joyce, a Hemingway, a Fitzgerald, and an Eliot

David Foster Wallace, Tao Lin, Cliff Sergant and Mira Gonzales
>>
>>8844074
Anon, if you could write a poor man's Great Gatsby it would be leagues better than the contemporary works that get published now
>>
>>8844094
NO

DISCERNABLE

TALENT
>>
File: disdain_for_plebs.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
disdain_for_plebs.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>>8844104
>Great Gatsby
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.