[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books to overcome my cynicism. I can't have a social life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1480786644614.png (369KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1480786644614.png
369KB, 480x608px
Books to overcome my cynicism.

I can't have a social life until I find a reason to not be cynical.
>>
"E Unibus Pluram: Television and U.S. Fiction"

Wallace talks about irony and cynicism prevalent in television and fiction.
>>
>>8841227
try therapy
>>
>>8841227
You have plenty of reasons; if you're looking for ways out of being a cynic, you know this. Your cynicism consists in your inability inability to respond to them.

Crime and Punishment, maybe
>>
>>8841227
Cynicism is the only way I can deal with people. My advice is stop being so idealistic and rational disapointment with how shitty people are with a false sense of jadedness
>>
>>8841232
Wallace was very good at putting his finger on problems but less skilled at finding solutions
>>
>>8841245
So like everyone basically
>>
>>8841227
Why do you want a social life?
>>
>>8841909
This

Managing relationships is such a fucking headache. I'll do it for my family, they are easy to deal with thankfully, but that's it.
>>
>>8841227
You're in luck. I actually have just the book you're looking for. Don't be put off by its title. It's much more lively than you'd expect.

Critique of Cynical Reason by Peter Sloterdijk.
>>
>>8841227
Where does that quote come from. Also:
>or will you perish like a dog
Does that mean Mickey just killed Goofy?
>>
The Phenomenology of Spirit
>>
>>8841956
stupid cuz young
>>
File: 1481084223195.jpg (72KB, 511x745px) Image search: [Google]
1481084223195.jpg
72KB, 511x745px
Friday by Michel Tournier
>>
Just b urself
>>
>>8842739
worked for me :^)
>>
The Confidence Man
>>
>>8841227
Jesus.
This small square just changed my life. Is this a quote from a book?
>>
>>8841956
This but unironically
>>
>>8841227
You don't need to be less cynical you just need to be a more competent cynic.
>>
Ecclesiastes
>>
Tolstoy
>>
The Idiot, maybe
>>
>>8841227
Haven't yet tried, but someone I can probably trust told me to read City of Thieves by David Benioff and The History of Love by Nicole Krauss after I emailed him drunk to tell him how much I hate myself and how sorry I am I ever talked to anyone.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.