[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some depressing (by normie standards) sociological /

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: NOTCHARLESBUWKOSKI.jpg (8KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
NOTCHARLESBUWKOSKI.jpg
8KB, 224x225px
What are some depressing (by normie standards) sociological / philosophical works?

Anything that is anti-progress, anti-life, anti-society, and so forth.

Pic related.
>>
File: unabomber.jpg (213KB, 1200x1519px) Image search: [Google]
unabomber.jpg
213KB, 1200x1519px
>>8836792
Linkola is by far the greatest thinker in my country. If you enjoy reading him, give Industrial Society and Its Future by Ted Kaczynski a try.
>>
>>8836813
Thanks, I have read Industrial Society...along with Ted's letters and other books about his life (Secret Life of the Unabomber)
>>
>>8836792
But Linkola is very pro-life and pro-society?
Not the kind of life or society we live in but still
>>
Otto Weininger

The Turner Diaries
>>
Peter Sotos
>>
>>8838058
>sociological / philosophical works
>>
>>8838013
He is the kind of life-affirming dude I can like.

>"What to do, when a ship carrying a hundred passengers suddenly capsizes and there is only one lifeboat? When the lifeboat is full, those who hate life will try to load it with more people and sink the lot. Those who love and respect life will take the ship's axe and sever the extra hands that cling to the sides."
>>
The Bible
>>
>>8838084
Sotos is definitely doing sociology
>>
>>8838013
True, but OP said normie standards.
>>
>>8838138
>works
>>
>>8836792
I watched a translated interview/news segment with this guy and was surprised at how friendly he seemed.
>>
>>8838146
fair enough
>>
File: 1456069331577.gif (2MB, 235x150px) Image search: [Google]
1456069331577.gif
2MB, 235x150px
>>8838167
>>
>>8838163
Yeah, he seems genuinely quite nice, and is pretty relatable at least for me. Too bad he's getting so old, he was interviewed in TV show a month or two ago and it was very clear that he's getting too old for this shit.
>>
>>8836792
>sociology
>>
>>8838138
this --> >>8838192
>>
>>8838187
The interview with the measuring of trees? Kinda excited for his biography, was it coming out this spring?
>>
Nerds are so deep.
>>
>>8838210
>Kinda excited for his biography, was it coming out this spring?

is this a Finland only thing?
>>
>>8838203
What
>>
When Prophecy Fails, Festinger et al
>>
>>8838235
It will definitely be translated to english and swedish at least
>>
>>8836792
CIORAN is the man you're looking for. He's hilariously (imo) depressing.

Also maybe Thomas Ligotti, any anti-natalists, logical positivism is pretty depressing, Schopenhauer's kind of a mopey bitch, and basically any sociological book that talks about the shittiness of the human race in any respect, and there are many such respects

But if you're really serious about being depressed, just sit indoors all day and browse 4chan
>>
>>8838294
>just sit indoors all day and browse 4chan

Being humiliated in social situations was more depressing tbqh
this is just a comfy kind of melancholy
>>
>>8838216
>if other people know things I don't I better dismiss them as virgins!
>>
>>8838298
Humiliated how? It can't be that bad. And the truth is anon, people think much less about you than you think they do.
>>
Cioran is my man
>>
>>8836792
Mrs. Dalloway, I suppose.
>>
>>8838210
No, it was a talk show about the collapse of society, with a short documentary about a guy (not Linkola) living a pretty primitive life. Linkola was one of guests in the talk show and that was the only reason I watched that program. Afterwards I almost hoped that I didn't, because the whole show was pointed towards vapid normies; the hosts didn't really take the subject or Linkola seriously.

I hadn't actually even heard that a biography was coming out, or if I had, I didn't remember.
>>
>>8838477
Linkola is bold, but I'm starting to like it. Do you know of like minded authors?
>>
>>8838542
Well, I already recommended Kaczynski in the beginning of the thread. I enjoyed reading Industrial Society and its Future and I think Kaczynski raises some good points. While Linkola is an ecofascist, Kaczynski is more an individualistic primitivist, but overall there are great similarities between them.

Unfortunately, I can't really suggest any more similar authors at the moment. However, I did just today order a very hefty bundle of traditionalism from Amazon: The Way of Men, Ride the Tiger and Handbook of Traditional Living. As far as I know, these books aren't really that similar to Linkola's work, although there are probably some similarities. I can't really say, as I haven't read any of the books yet, but I'm pretty sure that they look at things from a little different perspective. If you're interested, however, find out about them.

While you asked about authors, I'll give a couple of names on YouTube as well. First, Primitive Technology. It's a Australian guy who builds stuff from scratch in a forest. His videos are extremely comfy. To be honest, Varg Vikerness is somewhat of a tool on certain things, but I still find some of his videos informative. He is a neopagan leading a traditional life. Search ThuleanPerspective on YouTube, if you're interested.
>>
>>8836792
How do I get into his work ? And what is his best book ?

(as in two books : his gateway and his best )
>>
>>8838477
http://www.aamulehti.fi/ihmiset/pentti-linkola-pitaa-kuulolaitetta-enaa-metsassa-lintujen-takia-ihmisten-suhteen-toivo-on-menetetty-23944877/

This was the interview with the tree measuring I was talking about earlier, it also mentions the biography
Sad to see how frail he has become just in a few years, lets hope he dies peacefully without much pain
>>
>>8838826
he only has one book translated into English (dunno if that's your only language)

>>8838542
maybe Paul Shepard and John Zerzan, though Zerzan likes to get into some intellectual jerkoff territory here and there.
>>
>>8838833
Thank you.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.