[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think the world would be a better place if we abandoned Abrahamic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 800px-Christianity_Branches.svg.png (40KB, 800x302px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Christianity_Branches.svg.png
40KB, 800x302px
I think the world would be a better place if we abandoned Abrahamic religions in favour of Nietzschean ethics.

[spoilet]FOR I LOVE THEE, O ETERNITY[/spoiler]
>>
fuck nietzsche and his degenerate faggot ethics

if the rule of the strong is prefereable to the rule of the weak, why do the weak beat the strong?
>>
>>8835127
Because the weak were actually the strong.
>>
>>8835119
>better
Better for whom?
>>
>>8835119
Nietzschian philosophy is applied by the individual, it doesn't have the infrastructure for societal application, whereas Abrahamic religion is designed to be both granular and large scale
>>
File: 1480041487810.png (177KB, 539x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480041487810.png
177KB, 539x1000px
>>8835119

Nietzsche recognizes that man cannot make himself believe, especially with regards to religious doctrine.

Nietzsche posits that to escape the chasm of nihilism left by religion, one must craft, as an ubermensch, their own morality.

If Nietzsche presupposes that mere will is not enough to make an individual believe, then how can Nietzsche’s position that a master morality, i.e. the morality which an individual both crafts for their own egoist pursuit, can be an adequate escape of nihilism?

That is, nihilism is the consequence of an individual losing their illusions about morality, namely religious doctrine. When such a thing happens, there is no foundation from which morality can be reliably ascertained.

If it is the case, as Nietzsche himself argues, that one cannot will themselves back into believing (e.g. in a religious doctrine), then how can one will themselves into believing their own moral poetry? What makes one’s own master morality more believable than an Abrahamic system? The answer is nothing.

The despair underlying nihilism is an outgrowth of uncertainty, and while it might distract an individual, it does not absolve their conscious of the task of searching for meaning and guidance.

Again, if one cannot will themselves to believe then one cannot reliably will themselves into believing their own doctrine. Nietzsche's philosophy fails to solve the genesis of the problem of nihilism, which is the uncertainty of it all.

Nietzsche himself lived embittered and later admitted this: ""all superior men who were irresistibly drawn to throw off the yoke of any kind of morality and to frame new laws had, if they were not actually mad, no alternative but to make themselves or pretend to be mad"

Moreover, the sort of detached egoism emerging from Nietzsche's theory is not good for any society. Show me a society in which group cohesion wasn't valued and I'll show you a civilization that was overrun long ago.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.