[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>compulsive reader for a long time >tfw losing my interest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1481003805189.jpg (104KB, 720x833px) Image search: [Google]
1481003805189.jpg
104KB, 720x833px
>compulsive reader for a long time
>tfw losing my interest in reading

Anyone else know this feel?
>>
Yes. Same with film, as well.
I now mostly read nonfiction and haven't seen a movie in about two years.
>>
File: 1463645923471.jpg (115KB, 800x504px) Image search: [Google]
1463645923471.jpg
115KB, 800x504px
>>8831551

i only lose interest in reading when the depression kicks into overdrive. but then that's only for two days or so. i always find my way back and just as driven.
>>
The solution is to go to the library and pick a random book that jumps out at you. Or just pick a random one as quick as possible. The first time. You might surprise yourself
>>
I carry heart of darkness and fathers and sons in my bag each day to work butI never feel it
>>
>>8831551
why would u feel depressed about such a specific thing when the entire universe is there to feel depressed about?
>>
@8831734

Mmm banal
>>
>>8831551
I have an ever increasing pile of books to read. I stack them on the chair in my bedroom, as if they can guilt me into reading them just by being there.

I regularly pick the book at the top of the pile and carry it with me, to and from work. I might read a chapter on the train. I might just post on /lit/ instead.

When I'm at home I set the same book aside, by my desk, pretending I'll read any of it rather than get ahead of my work load or binge watch shows on Netflix. At the end of the day, when I decide to sleep, the book goes right back to the top of the pile.

I'm not happy.
>>
File: 1478618471093.jpg (172KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1478618471093.jpg
172KB, 633x758px
>>8831551
You're probably like me and only were a compulsive reader not because you loved reading but because through school you were a friendless loser and books were the only thing that kept you company. Now that we have 4chan, we don't need books anymore.
>>
i do. dont worry, it just means that youll soon find another type of content and a new reading world will open.
>>
>>8832148
I blame smartphones
>>
>>8832163

Maybe you should blame yourself?
>>
>>8832181
>t. jean paul sartre
>>
>>8832131
I don't know that feel but I hope you git gud.
>>
>>8831565
does that have to do with age? how old are you
>>
>>8832163

this desu.

not having a smart phone and utilizing public transpo with earplugs is where i get most of my reading done when schools in. i constantly see people scrolling like crazy on their devices and cant help but think theyre better off reading. i know im not reading at those very same instants but its only here and there that i look up.
>>
Try audio books. I started 4 years ago and I can't go back to normal books anymore.

There's something magical about talking a walk through a park and listen to some ficiton
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.