[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this book really a difficult read or is it just too long for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

is this book really a difficult read or is it just too long for normies? im thinking of reading it soon and want to know what im getting into
>>
>>8829951
just long. super easy book to read.
>>
- Wo bist du?
- Amerika.
- Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraus!!!!
>>
It's mostly easy, some parts test your patience.
>>
It's mostly easy; some parts are written more like a sitcom than a novel.
>>
>>8829951
It's 'Normie, The Feature Book For Readers'
>>
>>8829951
It's mostly easy; some parts will send you to the dictionary unnecessarily to wipe up DFW's vocabulary ejaculate.
>>
It's mostly easy; some parts aren't easy.
>>
Yeah anon, normies are literally incapable of reading it, it became a national bestseller solely due to autistic 4chan users.
>>
I used to be a scrub and read this and it made reading subsequent more literary texts I'd pick up easier to understand and grasp.

I tried reading Gravity's Rainbow a year before reading IJ and my understanding of the text was incredibly shoddy, then I picked up GR a few months ago and it seemed incredibly simple to parse that I felt a bit dumb.

Well, I am dumb.
>>
>>8829963
You over estimate normies
>>
>>8829951
easy book to read overall. Plot is fairly complicated and obscure as well as some of his vocabulary. The metafiction philosophy requires some academic knowledge and the structure is heavily based off of recursive logic but idk enough to talk about it intelligently. The overall theme of the book is language and communication though and those logical and philosophical structures are just some of the books more obscure and derived aspects. Even if the book was 100 pages the average joe wouldn't be able to read it but I think anyone who maintained at least an A in highschool English can read the book, full comprehension requires some specialized knowledge though.
>>
It's not difficult; it's just long.
>>
>>8831450
eh, as a math/phil dude who can get through the more technical parts of infinite jest, there's nothing to be gained than if you hadn't. (Not to say that this isn't a great fucking book)
>>
When I found this board all I saw was Infinite Jest posts so I read it as my first literary fiction book. Some parts were hard, the rest was easy. The only off-putting things about IJ are the footnotes, and its length. Overall it was a solid 10/10 and it made reading subsequent books easier.
>>
>>8829951
It's something of a Chore, Boy™.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.