[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This isn't addressed to most people (I hope). I have been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1984_by_alcook-d4z39dh.jpg (1MB, 1408x2142px) Image search: [Google]
1984_by_alcook-d4z39dh.jpg
1MB, 1408x2142px
This isn't addressed to most people (I hope). I have been incredibly depressed for a few months and was having anxiety attacks in the middle of the day. I am somewhat better now.
I hadn't read a book properly in 3 years. Read some stuff for school but hated those books.
I had read so much about 1984. People quote it every where. To distract myself from I decided to start reading again. And holy hell I picked the wrong book to start with. I more or less know what the message is, but I wanted to experience it for myself. More paranoia and anxiety is the last thing I needed.
I did not finish the book. I stopped a few pages after the two minute hate. I felt claustrophobic, like I was being chocked. The whole thing is meant to make you uneasy and I knew that beforehand but undestimated how well that was done. I imagine the whole thing in my head like a movie playing, and It was horrible to watch him so uneasy and act so paranoid.
The mental image of the city is just kinda scary. Like I am standing in the middle of the street alone looking at a large pyramid like building, fully gray with no windows. And there is not enough colour in anything. Like a low saturated photo of that hotel in North Korea that never got completed.
It may be a good book but right now, not for me.
>>
>>8827125

okay cool
>>
>>8827125
Wow, you're such a disturbed soul.
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>8827125
Pleasr no joke go get some physciatric help youre close to clicking in to your schizophrenia
>>
>>8827125
Got me interested in political philosophy

The damn book is wasted on all those edgy redditors sadly
>>
Did you make all the other "hurr duh im so depressed" threads?
>>
Read Proust, m8. Or Hearing Trumpet,
>>
>>8827136
This. Time's running out, permanent dementia comes. Tick tock. Click clack.
>>
>>8827125
That's how you're supposed to react. Orwell scares his reader to make a point. That's why he's such a good writer.
>>
>>8827125
First, get yourself some help, seriously. Second if you want to read Orwell, Animal Farm is a nice light start if you haven't read in a while
>>
>>8827125
Go read kokoro by Natsume Sōseki, I'm sure it will help :)

hehe
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.