[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lacan was first and foremost a clinician, and clinical concerns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>Lacan was first and foremost a clinician, and clinical concerns permeate everything he wrote and did. Even when Lacan reads Plato, Aquinas, Hegel, or Kierkegaard, it is always to elucidate a precise clinical problem. This very all-pervasiveness of clinical concerns is what allows us to exclude them: precisely because clinic is everywhere, one can erase it and limit oneself to its effects, to the way it colors everything that appears non-clinical – this is the true test of its central place.

How does it make you feel that all of philosophy has a psychoanalytic reference?
>>
>>8826748

look at freud's essays on moses, on the three caskets—look at totem and taboo, beyond the pleasure principle. freud is dealing with philosophical questions, and indeed with the death drive approaches well night metaphysical heights of abstraction. the inference to draw here is not so much that philosophy is a prelude to psychoanalysis, but rather that psychoanalysis constituted itself as a formalization of philosophy. that all philosophy can be psychoanalytically referenced is therefore no surprise.
>>
>>8826770
this seems reasonable
>>
>>8826748
>Lacan was first and foremost a clinician

have some connection to reality for Christ's sake
>>
>>8826807
You don't know what a clinic fundamentally is.
>>
>>8826896
yes, classic tack, claim that a word "fundamentally" means something other than what it in fact means, you get him
>>
>>8826901
The word has many uses, you're not getting that. A clinic in its general usage is where you /recline/, and therefore is utilized in various situations. What do you do in psychoanalysis? You lay back on a couch.
>>
>>8826939

as someone who believes psychoanalysis has a definite realm of application, I must say that you are not making a very powerful case for it
>>
>>8826748
Psychoanalysis is blatant pseudoscience. It's like astrology for french pedophiles
>>
>>8826748
Everything can be analyzed from a sufficiently advanced viewpoint. The question is, is this actually useful?
>>
>>8826748
Lacan was first and foremost a charlatan
>>
>>8827367
You're very dumb. You didn't know what a clinic was, and I told you what it was. What "case" of psychoanalysis are you talking about?
>>
>>8828042

i'm not him, i'm the first reply.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.