[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Non-fiction >factual >real world applications >Fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: int.jpg (22KB, 360x336px) Image search: [Google]
int.jpg
22KB, 360x336px
>Non-fiction

>factual
>real world applications

>Fiction

>made up
>doesn't apply to the real world at all

give me 1(ONE) good reason to read fiction over non-fiction
>>
Jackie Chan.
>>
Entertainment anon
>>
>>8824327
The reason is that people by nature are myth-makers and they turn everything they can perceive into a myth. Thus all things posses mythical capabilities, like a room for a example. You might not know anything about the new room you step it, but immediately you know that it's a nice (or awful) room, you create a story of this room, you fill it with mythical elements. Same with all the things, including facts. No matter how stand alone and grounded facts you can have, they all will be coiled by myth - and there's nothing wrong with that. You say that fiction is made up and doesn't apply to real world, yet Real World is a myth that's being made by all people and it doesn't need application because Real World is Fiction.
>>
>>8824327

Fiction is modest about the truths it tells, and forthright about the untruths
Non-fiction is neither
>>
>>8824327

so which one would a résumé be classified as
>>
>>8824327
Fiction is a complete waste of time but it's one of the least retarded forms of entertainment.
>>
fun
>>
>>8824327
why not both
>>
>>8824327
Because the amount of truth in fiction and lies in non-fiction is a wildly variable thing, and pretending they're separate categories of literature is an error only made by those who haven't read much of anything written before 1600.
>>
>>8824327
I am genuinely concerned for your mental well being
>inb4 I was merely pretending!
>>
as grrm said fiction readers live more lives
>>
>>8825981
The fat fuck probably said that unironically.
>>
>>8824327
>Fiction

Wew lad.
>>
>>8824465
Is there a book about this
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.