[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-inserting as Humbert: plebeian "Eww, disgusting pedo":

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: elliott_50books.jpg (72KB, 300x492px) Image search: [Google]
elliott_50books.jpg
72KB, 300x492px
Self-inserting as Humbert: plebeian
"Eww, disgusting pedo": even more pleb
Imaging that you are the little girl: patrician
>>
>>8817714

>Having a personal connection and identification to anything in this world instead of existing in a state of perpetually increasing alienation

Plebeian.
>>
>Not self-inserting simultaneously as ever character
Child-like.
>>
Why do you think Lolita hardly got any characterization?
>>
>>8817742
shes like 7
girls, especially 7 year olds, arent that deep.

even at the end of the book shes like 17 and all she cares about is her stupid baby and husband and getting money, completely forgetting about her long ride on the cock carousel and happily chatting with her supposed 'abuser'.

i think nabvomir vladokov was red pilled
>>
>>8817719
Kek
>>
There is a prof at my uni who always says:
"Now Humbert Humbert...
He's not a pedophile. He's not a pedophile. He's a hebephile. Lolita is in the early stages of puberty. Humbert Humbert is not a pedophile. When he has his way with her, I don't like to think that he's raping her. I think that he's actually restoring her innocence. He's repairing her hymen."

He has been teaching for longer than anybody else and he has tenure
>>
>>8817930
she's 12 when he meets her
>>
>not imagining you're an old colleague of Humbert who received a package out of the blue
>>
>>8819064
>He's not a pedophile. He's not a pedophile. He's a hebephile. Lolita is in the early stages of puberty. Humbert Humbert is not a pedophile. When he has his way with her, I don't like to think that he's raping her. I think that he's actually restoring her innocence. He's repairing her hymen.
It's like if /pol/ was right. Universities are full of degenerates.
>>
File: 1476216595427.gif (1MB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
1476216595427.gif
1MB, 500x290px
>>8819064
that's a good one
>>
>>8819064
Tenured professors are absolutely hilarious. There was one at my school who would walk around barefoot.
>>
>>8819064
your prof is harold bloom, right?
>>
>>8817742
the whole point of the Humbert character is that he's a deranged narcissist. Scenes where Humbert's solipsism slips and you get a glimpse of Lolita's subjectivity- she's not a perverse nymphet nor am innocent child, but an ordinary 12 year old, and 12 year olds can be pretty dumb- are among the most disturbing/effective. I think Nabokov actually despised Humbert, even though in a way he reflects some aspects of himself
>>
Humbert was a cuck.
>>
>>8822850
>>8819064
>and he has tenure
enjoy it while it lasts, when the first of the internet troll generation get tenured the tradition will be abolished.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.