[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would anyone like to share work via email? As much as /lit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Would anyone like to share work via email?

As much as /lit/ is trash I have gotten some good feedback in the critique threads. The trouble is that if you put your writing up on 4chan, you can't get it published. I know this isn't a problem for some people; however, I would actually like to get my stories and poems published, so I've found I can't use the critique threads the way I used to.

What if some of us formed an email ring and sent our stuff to each other? It would be a little like how the Lost Generation mailed all their things to each other. None of us are that good, of course, but we could have the same camaraderie.

Of course I realize that people are even less willing to put their email addresses on 4chan. Maybe we can work around that by starting a chat or a common Google document.
>>
>>8814156
Why do you start off by saying none of us are t h a t good?

And if you only post a page in an image rather than in text do you really give up an opportunity to publish?
>>
>>8814156
start the document or put out your own email first then, a call to action on 4chan is like shouting at the night sky
>>
>>8814156
me on the right
>>
>>8814217
I didn't want to be presumptuous.
>>8814257
I'm willing to do that, but I thought first I'd put a thread up and gauge interest, see how many unique posters replied in the affirmative.
>>
>>8814400
But more importantly do you really disqualify a work from publishing if you post an excerpt image?
>>
>>8814440
Not an excerpt, not from a novel, no.

I'm mostly talking about short stories and poems. Most magazines and websites have this weird rule where if you put your work online for all to see, it counts as being "published," despite not being actually published by anyone. Therefore, it won't be accepted by anyone who only accepts unpublished work.
>>
cock.li has a mailing list that works sort of how you'd want. if anyone wants to set up gnu mailman you could do this fairly easily.
>>
>>8814463
But how can they prove you've done that?
>>
>>8814156
I have no qualification to do so (and the number of people on this board who do is quite suspect at best) but I'd read your stuff and tell you how bad it is.

Actually I'd like the opportunity to learn from the perspectives of other people. I'm just a casually interested college student.
>>
>>8814620
OP is a tard. Unless they browse /lit/ or its archives they will never know you posted it here.
>>
File: large.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
2MB, 500x375px
I am ok with putting my email address on here.

I put it in the email field, natch, cause otherwise idk if they'd let me post it.

I also attached an attractive image to get your attention. Send me an email!
>>
>>8814730
Oh it didn't work lol. Here is my email, then:

[email protected]
>>
What about a telegram chat? You can have usernames, no need to share your phone (unlike whatsapp). And it also has a desktop and web version.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.