[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/b ooks/review/throwing-ann

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: leo.jpg (53KB, 427x584px) Image search: [Google]
leo.jpg
53KB, 427x584px
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/books/review/throwing-anna-under-the-train.html

Really makes you think.
>>
File: Crash.jpg (431KB, 1100x620px) Image search: [Google]
Crash.jpg
431KB, 1100x620px
>>8812836
>Todd Gitlin is chairman of the Ph.D. program in communications at Columbia University and the author of “The Sixties: Years of Hope, Days of Rage.”

lmao of course.

Batten down the hatches and bar the gates. This is the future. We lost decades ago. Now we get to watch the literary landscape tear itself apart with useless cupcake fascist idiots trying to censor history and perform butcher jobs on classic literature.

I'm not even mad, just disappointed.
>>
>>8812836
that beard looks shooped
>>
>>8812836
>http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/books/review/throwing-anna-under-the-train.html

How is this any different than, "hey, Chuck, watch how many hits I can get on this thread"
>>
>>8812896
I think it's pretty interesting how far the rabbit hole of politicization goes.
>>
>>8812836
this is satire right?
>>
>>8812836

>phallocentric

Hahaha, holy fuck, people use this term unironically?
>>
>>8812836
i thought the NYT was supposed to be the "serious" new york paper?
>>
>>8812836
>Todd Gitlin
>Corresponding Secretary
>Committee for Literary Purification

yeah pretty sure this is a rather tiresomely standard satire of "extreme" feminism by a man who stands with the literary establishment

zzz
>>
WAKE ME UP
>>
>>8812995
It's amazing that nobody else in this thread has managed to pick up on the satire despite it being so obvious. God, /lit/ is stupid.
>>
>>8813079
I read this and still thought it's real.
I *can* believe it. I've seen weirder extremism.
>>
It both is and isn't satire. Clearly, we can look to:
>From the available evidence, you are male — a white male, in fact. If you are not literally Caucasian, we know you invaded the Caucasus in your youth. Likely, it was there that you learned the ultimate male power — to kill.
as evidence of it mainly being a joke.

But it also somewhat seriously defends its central point -- that Anna Karenina is a book written not from a woman's POV but from the perspective of male privilege.

The other funny thing, of course, is that the writer himself is male, even though the first lines of the article are:
>It has come to our attention that you have offered for sale a book that purports to describe the world from the point of view of a woman — even as actual women everywhere are, in practice, erased.

So, I don't know what to make of this.

Obviously, it's meant to be clickbait, but I guess it's also meant to start a real conversation about whether its claims are true. That alone seems to suggest it takes the extreme feminists' perspectives seriously.
>>
>>8812836
whiny cunt mad that a whore gets killed in a shitty soap opera, i'm supposed to give a fuck? no sirreebob
>>
>it's a /lit/ baits itself with obvious satire edition
>>
File: me rn 2.jpg (478KB, 1600x1182px) Image search: [Google]
me rn 2.jpg
478KB, 1600x1182px
>>8813379
I'll fuckin slap u if u call Based Leo a soap writer to my face boyo
>>
>>8812836
I put off reading Anna Karenina for a long time because I was reluctant to read a book about a woman
I'm glad I finally did get around to reading it, the scenes with Levin duck hunting with his dog, or just mowing grain on his farm are just so damn comfy.
Plus Vronsky was alpha as fuck, racing horses, fucking sloots and then at the end bravely going to Serbia to remove kebab or die trying.
>>
File: GetFile.aspx.jpg (174KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
GetFile.aspx.jpg
174KB, 600x549px
>>8813079
it's amazing that you don't get that the responses to this thread aren't sincere. it's almost like we're on 4chan
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.