[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the "taxi cab conversation" exist as a literary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: BigGuy.jpg (62KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
BigGuy.jpg
62KB, 600x400px
Does the "taxi cab conversation" exist as a literary genre anywhere outside of NYC?
>>
What's an example of "taxi cab conversation" literature?
>>
File: Davebook.jpg (53KB, 288x407px) Image search: [Google]
Davebook.jpg
53KB, 288x407px
>>8812609
>>8812624
There's an NY version?
>>
Kek i always have sort of awkward small talk with the taxi drivers. They always talk about soccer, and i don´t know anuthing about it. I can´t imagine it being something literary.
>>
>>8812624
well, imagine this. you get in a taxi and say to the driver "the library, and step on it."
>>
>>8813412
in new york the taxi drivers have graduate degrees and an interest in exploring fundamental human questions

source: i've never been there
>>
>>8813416
I thought they were all immigrants who speak broken english.

I´ve been there but never rode one because taxis in the US are too expensive for me desu.
>>
>>8813436
yeah, immigrants with graduate degrees
>>
>>8813447
That´s actually quite sad to be honest.
>>
>>8813465
A lot of countries have a different view on education. Like a lot of westerners (read Americans) scoff at the idea of garbage men being p educated, and a lot of that's because they don't like education really, they just like the greasy pole and social hierarchy shit.
>>
>>8813490
I meant by sad is that, those immigrants, despite being educated, it couldn´t assure well being in their home countries, so they have to resort to a "lesser" job in another country, to provide for thmeselves or their family. That their degrees mean nothing becuase their home countries are not developed.
>>
>>8813447
It's funny how this is often true.
>>
>>8812624
>OK Bud-dee, thenk yoo bud-dee
>>
File: 220px-Nightonearth.jpg (18KB, 220x309px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Nightonearth.jpg
18KB, 220x309px
you'll just have to settle for cabkino
>>
>>8813412
Where are you living that it is both referred to as "soccer" and the sport most commonly talked about?

I can't think of any place that would hold true in
>>
>>8812609
Underrated authors thread?
>>
>>8813412
I guess I'm the only one who's spoken to their cab driver about Friedrich Schiller?
>>
>>8813592
Again, a lot of US taxi drivers are foreign and as such have no local affiliation to Handegg teams. The rest of the world loves football p much, but they of course speak in American when in America.
>>
Do London carriage drivers count?
From Hell has a scene like that but he was more like a chauffeur than a cabbie
>>
>>8813592
I´m from Ecuador where football (i guess i should call it that), as in many other latino countries, is almost a religion.
I call it soccer because i assume most anons here are american that would think of another sport if i say football. And since i´m not football fanatic, i don´t have any problem calling it soccer. Soccer is indeed the universal word for football.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.