[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should I start if I want to understand ideology? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: descarga.jpg (8KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
8KB, 208x243px
Where should I start if I want to understand ideology?
What other authors should I need to know before delving into mah boi Zizek?
>>
>>8806036
Hegel.
>>
>>8806036
Hegel, Marx and Nietzsche are the three bad dudes who rip the mask off ideology the hardest.
>>
>>8806036
Sublime object of ideology
but before that watch his films:
The Perverts Guide to Ideology
The Perverts Guide to Cinema

Read some secondary info on zizek, I would recommend the Introducing series - get the one on Zizek, it goes through his whole philosophy easily.
From my perspective Zizeks ideology can be seen as another rebranding of Stirner's spooks, probably wouldn't suggest delving into Stirner at this point in time but if you search up Stirner Spooks explanation you could probably find something.

Don't read Hegel outta the blue - you'll want to neck yourself.
>>
Peterson
>>
Zizek is a celebrity, not a philosopher.
>>
>>8806036
Start with the Germans
>>
File: 678768.jpg (311KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
678768.jpg
311KB, 1200x800px
>>8806315
And not only ideology but also religion, myth and meaning.
>>
>>8806054
>>8806125
Shouldn't Hegel be the final boss? Is there something more complex than him?

>>8806129
I've read Sublime Object, pretty sure I didn't understand it well, so reread is a must.
I have some knowledge about Stirner's spooks, it might help.

>>8806315
>>8806341
Interesting. Where should I start with Peterson?

Other thing /lit. Should I keep with Foucault or is Nietzsche enough?
>>
>>8806416
>Shouldn't Hegel be the final boss? Is there something more complex than him?
You have to read him because Zizek builds upon him and Lacan.
And yes he is hard to understand.
You have to read the other German idealists before him. Fichte, Schelling and most importantly Kant.
And before them you have to read Descartes, Hume, Spinoza etc.
And before them you have to read the Greeks.
>>
>>8806827
P. S. Start with the Greeks.
>>
>>8806416
Zizek seems pretty about being all about Hegel. I'm reading through Hegel's Phenomenology now with only second-hand knowledge of Kant etc., you get the geist of it but I'm definitely picking up Kant after this. At the same time, much of what I did understand I can easily relate to what homeless mememan writes and what I know about the French charlatan, what with 'the Other' and everything, because Hegel is actually good at structuring and repeating large parts of his argument (cf. Gadamer's essay on Hegel's 'inverted world').
Fichte I was going to order anyway because I'm trying to into Stirner.
I can't say I have much experience with Schelling and I don't know how much I missed.
Parts of Herder's anthropological work (e.g. his 'Treatise on the Origin of Language) is also worth perusing because of its role in the German notion of 'Bildung' which reached its ultimate form in Hegel.
Of course, it helps to know German, in which case I can share a short summary of Herder's thoughts from a German periodical
>>
>>8808177
are*
>>
>>8808177
>you get the geist of it

heh
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.