[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys have any favorite books by any British authors? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

You guys have any favorite books by any British authors? I'm thinking about reading Emma by Jane Austen.
>>
I really liked Frankenstein.
>>
>>8804877
The Egoist by Meredith. Saki is fun too.
>>
read the sticky
>>
>inb4 people sperg about Austen

Do it OP, you have nothing to lose. My favourite book by a British author is "The Canterbury Tales," which is also my favourite book of all time.
>>
>>8804889
What part are you referring to? I found nothing in reference to me trying to discuss British literature. Read the sticky beforehand, so I didn't create the thread ignorantly.
>>
>>8804890

Don't think I've ever come across anyone whose favorite book is Canterbury Tales. What is it about it that makes it the best for you?
>>
>>8804963
its amys from big bang theory
>>
>>8804890
mine is a collective of british authors; thats right: the King james Bible
>>
>>8804877
Woolf
>>
As most of Austen's works, Emma would be better as a collection of short stories than a novel. But it's still very enjoyable.
>>
>>8804963
otheranon but for me, it had fun stories and i liked the characters and how the writing is like english after youve had a stroke desu xx
>>
i'm a big austen fan and would recommend reading her to anyone.
>>
Villette
>>
Yeah, check out Barbara Pym. I especially like Quartet in Autumn.
>>
>>8804963
It's the metafiction, mostly

The relationship between the story teller and Pilgrim Chaucer's narration of the story, conscious of both the frame text in which the stories are being told and Geoffrey Chaucer's relationship to all of this

Not to mention it's uproariously funny, full of rich imagery, and interesting themes
>>
>>8806108
This, OP!
>>
>>8806108
Looks interesting, but what do you like about the book?
>>
>>8804877
Middlemarch is the finest English novel
>>
>>8804877
I'm thinking about reading something--anything--by B. S. Johnson but I can't find anything in digital format. Him or Ann Quin. Too obscure and weird, I guess.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.