[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/ i can't appreciate classical fairy tales at all. i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

File: 8307397cc9.jpg (107KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
8307397cc9.jpg
107KB, 900x600px
/lit/ i can't appreciate classical fairy tales at all. i'm supposed to be writing an analysis of a particular aspect of literary fairy tales, and i'm considering talking about contemporary perception of physical and mental disability and how those are portrayed in the genre but other than that i've fuck all for ideas. any other ideas? the feminist and freudian perspectives are a little played out.
>>
>>8803447
>i'm supposed to be writing an analysis of a particular aspect of literary fairy tales
Write about the portrayal of animals you dumb fuck.
>>
>>8803447
I think a critical disability approach to Fairy Tales is fairly novel, could turn out to be interesting. I'm assuming you're familiar with Vladimir Propp and all that, but if not give "The Morphology of the Folktale" a read. Important information there about how (specifically Russian, but also other) fairy tales are structured, and you can use that narratological approach to inform a reading. Perhaps you could go so far to say that fairy tales are structurally ableist? Not sure, but that kind of bold claim is almost mandatory for undergrad papers.
>>
File: Loom Weave A Thread.jpg (37KB, 335x500px) Image search: [Google]
Loom Weave A Thread.jpg
37KB, 335x500px
>>8803447

Language is an Esoteric first and foremost

What picture/s/ do your threads paint?

Awesome Thread painting..you will love it
youtu.be/gAuisFJ6sBk
>>
>>8803447
Give specific examples or fuck off.
>>
File: tumblr_o74nug8R1A1r8o55zo1_1280.jpg (426KB, 768x1092px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o74nug8R1A1r8o55zo1_1280.jpg
426KB, 768x1092px
>>8803483
definitely going to check that out, thanks. the class has been primarily over german and italian fairy tales in particular, and honestly eastern european myth is significantly more interesting to me anyway so it'll be a welcome change. not certain that i'm willing to go as far as structurally ableist just yet, but i do think that the depictions of many common antagonists (witches in particular) are heavily influenced by a poor understanding of certain disabilities. if you look at a lot of portrayals of fairy tale witches for example you'll see hunchbacks, various skin conditions, whatever.

>>8803471
that's a good seal
>>
File: 220px-Homer_British_Museum.jpg (20KB, 220x277px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Homer_British_Museum.jpg
20KB, 220x277px
>>8803678
>that's a good seal
Surely you mean a terrifying sea monster
>>
Originally, the Spiral Dynamics book was largely a simplification and popularization of Dr. Grave’s theory, which held that human behavior can be broken down into multiple patterns or levels of existence with corresponding managerial, educational, social, and developmental approaches. First called Value Systems Theory and Coping Systems, the point of view proved very useful for dealing with diversity and human factors

youtu.be/PSvKByYOPdo
>>
>>8803447
read campbell and work out why there's the generational split in star wars
>>
File: Clare's Levels.jpg (64KB, 736x483px) Image search: [Google]
Clare's Levels.jpg
64KB, 736x483px
>>8803791

Originally, the Spiral Dynamics book was largely a simplification and popularization of Dr. Grave’s theory, which held that human behavior can be broken down into multiple patterns or levels of existence with corresponding managerial, educational, social, and developmental approaches. First called Value Systems Theory and Coping Systems, the point of view proved very useful for dealing with diversity and human factors

Dr. Grave’s theory is rooted in General Systems theory and developmental psychology

Because his work integrates the roles of biological/genetic factors, psychological factors and socio-cultural forces in the creation of these levels of existence experienced by individuals and groups, it bridges multiple knowledge sets and disciplines to pull many ways of knowing together.
>>
>>8803678
You'll note in a few that it's the runt or virtuous idiot that eventually wins. Think Jack and the Beanstalk as an obvious example, kid is obviously subnormal IQ, he's gullible and doesn't see the danger of trading the cow for beans. Similarly, many stories revolve around the least of the brothers, i.e. the youngest or smallest, who must rely more on cunning and virtue than physical ability and are thus able to overcome what would appear to be their natural station.

Frog Prince would be an interesting one too.
>>
>>8803447
Why don't you analyze them in your own way instead of filtering them through some nonsense politically motivated lens that someone else came up with. I'm glad you''re at least not considering feminazi bullshit
>>
File: Mythic.jpg (45KB, 595x218px) Image search: [Google]
Mythic.jpg
45KB, 595x218px
Spiral-antenarrative is a pattern of manifesting interlocking paths, each a series of episodic encounters between individual self-efficacy and collective-efficacy with once-occurrent-Being

>>8804529
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.