[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What causes writer's block? I have been trying to fucki

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: sav.jpg (112KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
sav.jpg
112KB, 750x400px
What causes writer's block? I have been trying to fucking write my novella for weeks now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lNsLm_t6oU
>>
>>8797754
That lipstick is disgusting.
>>
>What causes writer's block?

Not having anything worth saying. What people call "writer's block" is nothing more than the cart before the horse.

First, you have something to say, then you say it. Not the other way around.
>>
I want to fuch her lmao. Also I can't wait until her looks start to fade and she becomes unhappy.
>>
>>8797789
they're already goin nigga
>>
>>8797789
>>8797794
They're already gone. It's why she has to slather the make-up on with a trowel.
>>
>>8797789
Her latest video is pretty JUST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP4IvpzBubw
>>
People who market themselves on being a sexy little piece of ass who likes gay nerd shit like poetry need to worry about writer's block.

You don't. You probably just have nothing interesting to say.
>>
>>8797779
>>
>>8797754
>I have been trying to fucking write my novella for weeks now.
>trying
this is what causes writer's block
>>
Writing, probably. Like the above anon said.
>>
>>8797754

She used to be qt and wholesome, what happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EqUf87bafs
>>
>>8797806
Looks like a painted ghoul

Her ageing face is taking on the contours of a corpse
>>
>>8797754
Idk about a single cause but some common reasons may be perfectionism, focusing too much on details, or committing to a structure that doesn't fit with the overall direction of the writing
>>
>>8798087
She's a trendwhore, obviously.
>>
Why does she talk like a midly retarded person
>>
File: ambush predator.gif (2MB, 240x190px) Image search: [Google]
ambush predator.gif
2MB, 240x190px
I've got readers block. I haven't read anything substantial for days. Feels pretty bad man :^(

Sometimes I just can't enjoy my leisure activities and just look at dog videos on youtube and shitpost on /lit/

Exam season has a bit to do with it tbqhwy.
>>
>>8797779
as someone who also struggles with something akin to "writer's block" this is 100 percent true. If you know what you want to write, write it down, nothing's stopping you.
>>
Lack of structure. Write your ideas down for what should happen in your story eg events, character interactions, whatever research is necessary. If you structure your stories beforehand you'll never have writer's block in your life.
>>
>>8798101

Such a shame.
>>
>>8798087
she went to university and moved to the UK
>>
>>8798113
>dude i lived in the uk for 2 years and picked up an accent lmao im sophisticated
>>
>>8801207
eliot, please
>>
>>8801263
you'll find that blatantly superficial qualities aren't popular with most people, not just resentful virgins
>>
>>8797754
There is no such thing as writer's block. If you've got nowhere to go on a project, abandon it and go on to the next thing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT-hunrxEQI

>this lad cums in her
>>
File: CxGk0u7VIAAy8uD.jpg (118KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CxGk0u7VIAAy8uD.jpg
118KB, 675x1200px
>>8797754
>What causes writer's block?
A lack of discipline. If you want to be a good writer you must also be able to write even if you don't feel like it.
>>
>>8802465
Good for them.
>>
>>8802465
Of course it's some mincing effeminate faggot with womanishly overwrought faggot hair.

Can this failed civilization just die already?
>>
>>8802465
What a fucking nu male. I hate thinking of how he mounts this pure, soft maiden every night. She deserves better. I would defeat this "man" in a fight and take her as my rightful trophy.
>>
File: fpNN1KR.jpg (22KB, 590x442px) Image search: [Google]
fpNN1KR.jpg
22KB, 590x442px
>>8797806
video screenshot looks a bit like bailey jay

only not as hot obviously
>>
File: zizzy.jpg (19KB, 564x317px) Image search: [Google]
zizzy.jpg
19KB, 564x317px
>>8797806
>that squeeky indie voice
>ukulele
>lyrics of lost summers

jesus could she be any more of a stereotype
>>
>>8798087
>spoken poetry
what a fucking retard
>>
>>8797754
Writer's block is self-perpetuating. Once you become anxious of your ability to write, you focus less on your writing and more on your lack of ability to write. Then, the anxiety slowly overwhelms you, eating away at your energy and willpower while producing nothing in return.

Instead of worrying about writer's block, think about what's keeping you from writing your novella. Maybe you're overthinking it. Maybe you're biting off more than you can chew. Maybe you don't have your ideas organized well enough to put them on paper. Whatever the case may be, it's fixable; there is nothing mystical about writer's block.
>>
>>8802709
I worry that one day you will turn that spotlight inward and become self aware.
>>
File: PHaFNsY.gif (175KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
PHaFNsY.gif
175KB, 852x480px
>>8802826
>implying I haven't already
>>
>>8802648
who is those semen demon?
>>
Just start putting words down on paper. Any words. Any sequence, doesn't matter. You can throw it all out later and no one has to know you're fucking retarded and incapable of expressing coherent thoughts on command.

Eventually you'll get something passable, which is really all you need.
>>
>>8798087
>what happened?

Nihilism.
>>
>>8802712

Say that to my face faggot then see what happens
>>
>>8802581
Such a shame us Apex males must hide on our image boards. The testosterone is seeping from my temples, like an elephant. O I'm most wroth!
>>
>>8802934
subpar sass
>>
Like everyone else has said: there's no such thing as writers block.
I'm guessing you're trying to write a 'novella' about a subject you have no experience with. The fact that you know it's going to be a novella before even writing it is very telling.
Write what you know.
>>
>>8802928
underrated
>>
>>8802938
Look where you are, cuckling.
>>
>>8802906
mate it's bailey jay
if you've never heard the name before then google it. you're in for a treat
>>
>>8802448
I would argue that sometimes you shouldn't abandon something you feel blocked on--maybe the block is an opportunity to make some sort of progress
>>
>>8797754
If you're still here, how far along are you on your work? If you haven't even really started the writing process then, as a few anons have already said, you may not really know what you want to say. There's a lot of good advice in this thread already to help you in that regard.

If you're having trouble getting from point A to point B in the story, try to step into your character's shoes. Ask yourself, "what would I do in this situation? How would it affect me afterwards, and what would I do next?" Try to keep your own character's convictions and personality in mind, don't try too hard to railroad them into specific situations. The results may surprise you and turn out better than your initial plan.

If you're stuck on where to even start, then worry about that later. Start writing from a point somewhere in the middle, or even start from the ending. The details of how your story begins will fall into place, and you can always go back and change later chapters if you need to.
>>
>>8797754
Probably the Jews.
>>
>>8797779
this honestly.
>>
>>8797779
100% true
fuck all the other people in this disgusting thread
>>
>>8802950
WTF I'm gay now lmao
>>
>>8802465
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKFJ02NiXN4
>>
>>8797754
Usually I'd want to cum on her face but the lipstick ruins it.
>>
>>8797779
This. It's no coincidence that the famous writers who have struggled with writer's block are the ones that write shitty genre fiction and best seller crap.
>>
>>8802950
>treat
this is a euphemism
>>
>>8797754
Being too judgmental of what you're writing. Save hating your work until you've actually written something.
>>
>>8804501
>dumb shit plebs say for 100
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.