[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im trying to find good libertarian literature but all the recs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1480265719305.jpg (30KB, 480x490px) Image search: [Google]
1480265719305.jpg
30KB, 480x490px
Im trying to find good libertarian literature but all the recs i can find elsewhere are 1984 and ayn rand.

I really, really dont want to read ayn rand.

What are some good, non-ayn rand libertarian books? Thank.
>>
>>8795062

"I want ayn rand but I don't want to read ayn rand"

I don't know man.
Fucking Glenn Beck maybe
>>
>>8795062
by literature do you mean fiction or non-fiction?

there is tons of lib/ancap/w/evs nonfiction to read. austrians, traditionalists, all that. but for fiction after ayn rand your next stop is literally terry goodkind

you don't want to go there bra
>>
>>8795084
Non-fiction pls :^)
>>
>>8795062
>good libertarian literature

Oxymoron
>>
>>8795062

John Stuart Mill
>>
>libertarian
>literature
>>
The stolen and perverted writings of Homer and Ovid, of Plato and Cicero, which all men ought to contemn, are set up by artifice against the Sublime of the Bible; but when the New Age is at leisure to pronounce, all will be set right, and those grand works of the more ancient, and consciously and professedly Inspired men will hold their proper rank, and the Daughters of Memory shall become the Daughters of Inspiration. Shakspeare and Milton were both curb’d by the general malady and infection from the silly Greek and Latin slaves of the sword.

Rouse up, O Young Men of the New Age! Set your foreheads against the ignorant hirelings! For we have hirelings in the Camp, the Court, and the University, who would, if they could, for ever depress mental, and prolong corporeal war. Painters! on you I call. Sculptors! Architects! suffer not the fashionable fools to depress your powers by the prices they pretend to give for contemptible works, or the expensive advertising boasts that they make of such works: believe Christ and His Apostles that there is a class of men whose whole delight is in destroying. We do not want either Greek or Roman models if we are but just and true to our own Imaginations, those Worlds of Eternity in which we shall live for ever, in Jesus our Lord.
>>
>>8795062
https://mises.org/library/men-against-state-expositers-individualist-anarchism-america-1827-1908

>>8795112
Mills brand of British classical liberalism isn't really that libertarian
>>
Second Treatise of Government
Anarchy, State, and Utopia
The Road to Serfdom
Anatomy of the State
Economics in One Lesson
The Law (Bastiat)
>>
File: tumblr_nmrv94xxfh1u6sbupo1_500.png (195KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmrv94xxfh1u6sbupo1_500.png
195KB, 500x622px
>>8795094

Hoppe, Democracy: The Good That Failed
Heath, Citadel Altar & Market
Wright, Risk Uncertainty & Profit
Hirschmann, Exit Voice & Loyalty
Rothbard, Man Economy & State
>srsly what is up with these titles, shit is ridankulous

Hazilitt, Economics in One Lesson
Sowell, Basic Economics
Mises, Human Action
Bastiat, Essays

Taleb, Antifragile & Black Swan
Taleb's favourite guy, Seneca, Letters from a Stoic

then go full-on tradcore NRx/Landian nightmare

de Maistre, Considerations
de Jouvenel, On Power
Land, the Dark Enlightenment

also this
https://reactionaryfuture.wordpress.com

http://www.thedarkenlightenment.com/the-dark-enlightenment-by-nick-land/

http://unqualified-reservations.blogspot.ca/2009/01/gentle-introduction-to-unqualified.html

>>8795157
didn't see this, sorry dawg
>>
>>8795192
*God, wtf
>cringing so hard right now
>disemboweling self with 19C cavalry sabre
>still have time to write this
>good_night_sweet_prince.jpg
>>
>>8795157
These are the best place to start
>>
File: 2.png (58KB, 636x674px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
58KB, 636x674px
>>8795157
>>8795192
You're making the mistake that liberalism is libertarianism. Hayek, Mises, Rothbard, Bastiat were liberals that believed in the spook of natural rights and forms of debunkable economic determinism.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.