[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been feeling alienated from everyone. Family, friends, housemates.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1470001166553.jpg (53KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1470001166553.jpg
53KB, 540x405px
Been feeling alienated from everyone. Family, friends, housemates.

What are some good books on the philosophy of alienation and existential alienation?

I've read The Plague and I don't think I would enjoy philosophy as soft as Camus'. I think I'd like something more challenging, but not Hegel challenging.

Also open to novels about alienation.

And yeah, I know. Check the wiki. I'm making a thread because I'd like some less cold than browsing through a wiki. Some dialogue is nice every once in a while.
>>
>>8789029
My diary desu
>>
>>8789029
something*
>>
Not entirely what you described but Kafka certainly comes to mind.
>>
I wonder what could come from indulging in, and glamorizing, behavior that has lead you to be alienated.
Hmm
>>
>>8789127
Exploration and understanding =/= glamorization
>>
>>8789141
But you will probably end up glamorizing it anyway.
>>
>>8789127

>a man indulging in female passive aggression
>>
>>8789154
don't genderize my shitposting fucker
OP sounds sad and vulnerable, I am concerned for where he will find himself if he alienates himself further!
>>
The Recognitions.
>>
>>8789161
you lost, boy?
>>
just become really good at something. and stop letting everyone else's bullshit annoy you.
>>
sartre, kierkegaard, dostoevsky, kafka, hesse
>>
Kobo Abe
>>
>>8789294
I just have a lot of feelings...
>>
>>8789350
So the sedatives are kicking in and I'm just going to get into my feels right now because I'm repressed.

I have a lot of feelings as well. Too much. It becomes overwhelming. I look at rekt threads and laugh. I make fun of people for being poor or ugly or what have you. I engage in self destructive habits. I do it all because if I didn't distract myself I would spend all of my time crying. It gets so hard sometimes. I wouldn't say I'm compassionate, but I'm very cognitively empathetic. The ability to exist outside of myself within the perspective of others causes me to isolate myself to quiet the constant, involuntary psychoanalysis of everything.
>>
>>8789380

Go see a therapist. Book one for next week if you can. I am being serious. Don't put it off. If you're looking at rekt threads and laughing then you seriously need to talk to someone right away.
>>
>>8789029
Camus isn't soft philosophy you faggot, read The Rebel.
>>
>>8789380
It is hard to really suggest anything that could tangibly be helpful here, but it may be nice to know that what you're going through can be sympathized with. I would also suggest seeking a professional if it really is so painful, like >>8789447 suggests.

Seeking help isn't giving in and it is nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
>>8789453
It's soft in the sense that it explores alienation in the context of a novella/novel
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.