[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38 148892 >We watch her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161201_230143.jpg (71KB, 480x726px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161201_230143.jpg
71KB, 480x726px
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38148892

>We watch her colleague calming a little boy who's got himself worked up because he doesn't think he can do the writing exercise he's been tasked with.

>The child next to him offers some positive advice.

>"If you're upset, you could try meditation or breathing deeply," she says. "And you should believe in yourself."

>Dr Plant smiles as we watch them, happy to see last week's lesson on positive thinking has sunk in.

*sniff*
>>
File: bored zizek.jpg (19KB, 340x227px) Image search: [Google]
bored zizek.jpg
19KB, 340x227px
>>8788439
CBT is unironically a prime example of what Zizek means by pure ideology
>>
Wow....

I wish somebody told me when I was young that I should take it easy if I'm upset, and believe in myself.

Nobody ever once said anything like that!
>>
>>8788445
He also says that ideology is inescapable. So do you have any criticisms of CBT that show it is worse than other ideologies?
>>
>>8788459
Being told to take it easy and being told how to take it easy are different.
>>
>>8788504
There's a difference between saying okay there is ideology somewhere in here and trying to work within that limitation and full on trying to indoctrinate yourself in your own personal cult.
>>
>>8788445
it's also useful
>>
>>8788504
>He also says that ideology is inescapable.

You misunderstand what he means by this and what he means by ideology in general.
Its not that ideology is inescapable so much as ideology does exist in such a way that the question of escape is a sensible action.

Ideology should always be resisted

>>8788515
lmao
>>
>>8788525
I think that you may be mistaken but if you are not then he is mistaken. Ideology is a part of cognition. An ideology may be more or less valid but as a whole it is inescapable.
>>
>>8788513
No, all thought is incoherent without ideology.
>>
>>8788672
>Ideology is a part of cognition.
Pure ideology.
>>
>>8788672
>>8788679
You're plain wrong and incredibly naive.
Your very conception of ideology as a contingent options that should be measured in "validity" is nonsense
>>
>>8788680
Please provide a statement that is not pure ideology
>>
>>8788707
Pure ideology is not the same as ideology btw.

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
>>
>>8788688
You are the one that implies ideology could be avoided leaving you with """""objective truth"""""
>>
>>8788439
>a little boy who's got himself worked up because he doesn't think he can do the writing exercise he's been tasked with

more like little girl lmao
>>
>>8788716
It can, though I would not use the word "avoid". Its just not simply in the autistic two dimensional framework that you understand the world in
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.