[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh my god. /lit/ Last night I was unable to sleep and took

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: yung_snowman.jpg (63KB, 468x416px) Image search: [Google]
yung_snowman.jpg
63KB, 468x416px
Oh my god.

/lit/

Last night I was unable to sleep and took a walk around my neighborhood long after dark. I have been trying to write a novel but it's going nowhere and it has left me feeling very downcast.

However.

As I was walking last night I stopped to look at the moon appearing behind thick cloud and I had an idea. It struck me so strongly that I was overwhelmed and had to quickly return home to write it down. It took me 15 minutes to get home and in that time much of the plot and central characters came to me.

Is anyone here willing to let me know what they think about it?

It's intended for children.
>>
>>8786546

Go ahead
>>
As long as it isn't some dumb reddit meme
>>
>>8786549
>>8786550
A young boy lives in poverty with his mother and younger sister. Due to the cramped apartment the small boy sleeps in the bathtub while his little sister occupies the remaining bed, where she suffers intense nightmares night after night. He routinely has to wake up and console her.

On the television there is news about children all over the country suffering intense nightmares and getting little to no sleep as a result. Doctors suggest a change of diet, moralists suggest less violent video games, etc.

The boy then discovers the existence of a battle which is taking place between the guardians of dreams and the evil forces which are causing such nightmares and attempting to take over the minds of the young sleepers.

The boy is initiated into the sleeping world, and along with other children his age he secretly changes into the necessary uniform each night before climbing into bed and whispers the spell, which is an obscure and long-forgotten lullaby, which will cause him to enter the sleeping world where he and others fight to protect the dreams of sleepers everywhere and defeat the monsters and evil figures which are causing the nightmares. By day he attends a brutal school and attempts to keep his family afloat, but by night he enters a different world where he is tasked with protecting children everywhere from nightmares.

Eventually we discover that his own mother was once a protector of dreams too, but that after a certain age one loses the imagination necessary to become one. His sister's nightmares pass.
>>
>>8786609
Wow spoiler warning much????
>>
>>8786609
Even if it was a single bed wouldn't the boy sleep with his sister? Who lets their son sleep in a fucking bath?
>>
>>8786616
He puts a duvet in there so it's comfortable enough, moreso than the bare floor.
>>
>>8786609
How does he keep his family afloat by day? Does he have a job?
>>
I like the premise, a few details could be worked on, but then again, I'm not a child anymore so I can't rightly say. I feel like it's too complicated to be a succinct masterpiece (e.g. the little prince) and if it's long with chapters and whatnot, there are probably better options for them to read. But then again, I'm thinking like an adult. Sounds good, make sure it has a catching cover and title
>>
>>8786723
Hello. He does a paper-round, which is how he discovers his role as a dream guardian, from an eccentric elderly person who volunteers at the local church. She finds him napping on her doorstep wrapped up in his coat and invites him inside where she learns more about his sister and so on.

>>8786824
To be fair the summary of Little Prince is rather confusing (meets a boy in the desert who has talked to a fox and comes from an asteroid). And thank you.

I was basically thinking about children's literature recently and how Harry Potter has for me at least ruled out ever writing something set in a school / academy and has also ruled out including magic as she did so so perfectly. But I knew it had to involve something every child could relate to and something we all experience (as with school). And then I woke up from a nap and thought of how everyone experiences nightmares without knowing why, and how funny it would be for children everywhere to hurry to bed at night thinking they were off to save the world due to the breadth of their imagination.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.