[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any novels as perfect as the Harry Potter books? Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: rowling.jpg (32KB, 333x479px) Image search: [Google]
rowling.jpg
32KB, 333x479px
Are there any novels as perfect as the Harry Potter books?

Can literature get more comfy than this?

The magical world as represented in these novels is just so cozy. I don't think children's books, or any books really, can surpass Harry Potter. What child wouldn't want to discover that they are magic and be invited to attend a school in the Scottish wilderness with hundreds of other witches and wizards and going on all sorts of fun adventures with them?

How can these books get better?

Philip Pullman's alternative steampunk world is pretty much the same as the human one albeit with daemons and other dimensions added and so on.

JRR Tolkien's universe is entirely different from our own.

But in Harry Potter you can easily imagine being a kid going to the supermarket during the summer holidays but knowing all the while that you possess magical abilities and that a world exists parallel to the muggle world where life is far more exciting and interesting.

I can't see what kind of universe would surpass Harry Potter.

Where would children rather go than a magic school in a castle full of magical staircases and secret rooms and ghosts and rival groups?

If any other author writes about such a school in the future it will immediately be judged to be inferior to Hogwarts. Sure there's still room to write in the whole sword-and-shield genre, but that means going back in time 1000 years or simply investing in a totally different universe. But children don't want that. They want to reasonably believe that somewhere out there is a more interesting life than the one they are stuck with, and that the reason they feel out of place and undervalued is because they've yet to discover that they are wizards.

Seriously I would like some sincere and thoughtful replies about this please.

Can Rowling be surpassed or is she the end-game of literature?
>>
>>8786360
You posten it again epin
>>
Sure, i think we can all agree that it's a great setting for a children book series. No one shits on Rowling for the magical world she built.
>>
I'd prefer to live in a fantasy world where you didn't make this stupid post
>>
>>8786378
But can it be surpassed?

I mean honestly. What came before Rowling were either medieval LARP fantasies for young men wanting to be king, or short boarding school stories for girls.

Rowling combined entire genres and pretty much distilled children's literature into it's most perfect and desirable form.

If anybody were to start writing children's literature now with the intention of having a character attend school and so on it would immediately be obvious that it is inferior to Rowling's own writing. No school will ever compare to Hogwarts. No sidekick will ever compare to Ron and Hermione. It really is in my opinion the epitome of great literature. There are so many moral lessons, so much humour, so much insight into both depression and joy. When I read modern literary fiction about Hungarian peasants under Soviet rule or some sad guy who feels detached from those around him I feel like throwing the book out of the window and re-reading Harry Potter one more time. This Christmas I will likely read through the entire series again and I have no doubt that I will be as excited as ever when things go well for the characters I support. I am thirty-six years old.
>>
>>8786390
Why do you post this shit every day?
>>
>>8786407
I don't. I have posted similar threads but I never spam reposts.

But do you have a sufficient answer?

If not, I would advise you to-

*draws wand*

EXPELLIARMUS!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.