[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else have reader's block? I've not felt the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1422789298332.jpg (114KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1422789298332.jpg
114KB, 600x600px
Anyone else have reader's block? I've not felt the desire to read a book since I finished one at the start of November. I hope it passes.
>>
What book was it? Do you have anything in your backlog that you particularly want to read?
>>
>>8786305
I've got quite a few books I can start, I just don't feel like picking up a book to read. I did do quite a bit of reading throughout the year though, from the start of February I'd been reading a full novel every week up to this November. I think I might just be burnt out.

I have a longhaul flight on the 16th, so I might bring along a book to start then.
>>
The last book l read was Heart of Darkness in mid-October.

After that l've tried reading The Myth of Syssiphus twice and gave up after thirty pages. I feel stupid.
>>
>>8786302
Reader's block doesn't exist like writer's block does. Whereas creativity can effervesce, the ability to sit on your ass with a book in front of you will always be within your grasp. Stop building an artificial construct to justify your laziness and read. You're reading shitposts now, it's not too dissimilar.
>>
>>8786327
How can you be too lazy to do something which is an inherently lazy pastime?
>>
>>8786331
complex mental contortions. It's very possible. I'm the master of lazy. I've been in bed for 8 years now, minus excursions for toilet, food, and 2 years of wageslavery, and I've been there.
>>
>>8786340
Holy shit
>>
I get "reader's block" as well. For me, it's a sign to re-read the last book I read until I'm sick of it enough to move on.
>>
>>8786348
The key is to convince yourself you can't do something, and to believe it. I used to be able to accidentally will myself out of being able to move entirely. Coming up with some sort of metaphysical structure, like a psychosomatic illness, or even "readers block" and then surrendering control to it is a great way of fostering inertia. Of course, once you learn how to do it, you learn how to un-do it and the spell (what basically amounts to self-hypnosis) is broken.

Nowadays I leave my room and I feel like Fry from Futurama. There are literal fucking hoverboards, everyone has smartphones, the music is irredeemable and the craziest ideologies run rampant. I don't much like it, so back to bed I go.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.