[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help /lit/, give me a quick horror story prompt. i got nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: x-files-promos_004.jpg (496KB, 3350x3138px) Image search: [Google]
x-files-promos_004.jpg
496KB, 3350x3138px
help /lit/, give me a quick horror story prompt. i got nothing and i need to write a short story in four days. pic unrelated
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 500x591px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 500x591px
A vast canopy of trees stretches out before you, swaying softly. What lies below?

You have lived your whole life with the nagging feeling you've forgotten something terribly important.

You awake to find you cannot move.

One man's foreskin hides a terrible secret.

The feeling of the vastness of space above you.

Beneath your feet, under a thin layer of rock, a churning molten sea thousands of miles deep.

The secret world beneath the couch cushions.

I have no idea how to make a prompt but I hope these helped.
>>
File: 1480120035598.jpg (101KB, 900x697px) Image search: [Google]
1480120035598.jpg
101KB, 900x697px
>>8785753

>Guy walking around the streets
>Some dude comes up to him and tells him something
>He tries to engage him, but the dude flees
>Guy starts losing his shit over what the dude told him, with only vague hints to what it actually was
>He finds encounters the dude again by chance
>He ends up killing him
>What the dude told him in the beginning was :''I know''
>The guy killed a man and thought that this dude knew about it, but he killed the dude that told him that knew that he killed someone when in fact this was the guy that he killed; implying that he knew that he killed him, but it was just some dude trying to fuck with him for no reason and the guy didn't kill anyone, but killed him because he thought that he knew that he killed him.
>>
A neet wakes up to the sound of his mum saying if he doesn't get a job by sundown he's going to be kicked out.
>>
>>8785753
What kind of horror?

I am not as similar with it in books, but Extra Credit did some you tube shows on horror elements in video games, some of the story telling components are fairly universal. I would recommend you watch those to narrow your scope. Also decide if you are going to use any fanciful elements, being hunted be a demon vs having to deal with a crazy eviction notice, both can be horrifying but have different rules.

I personally like the slightly alter mindset type, creating someething simialr Greek mythological prophet Cassandra, where some veiw or knowlage wedges someone to madness in a gradale manner till a simple retospection shows how messed up things have become.
>>
you keep getting sent CP of yourself as a child in the mail, nothing really happens, just the mental processes that come with that kind of situation
>>
>>8785753
Story starts with protag being chased by generic creepy guy. Guy corners him, grabs him by the hand. Protag notices guy's hands are black. His hand turns black immediately after. Creepy guy says something creepy and fucks off. He suffers berserker fits he is fully conscious of, but has no control over. He chases people. Maybe he gets caught and the final scene is him in a lab overhearing the technicians saying something creepy. end.

Sorry, shitty writing prompt, I wrote your whole goddamn story. Genre fiction is trash.
>>
>>8786183
Oh, call protag Garvilo and throw in some WWI allusions to give it some semblance of literary merit.
>>
>>8785753
Toothpaste sold in supermarkets that causes people to get inflamed gums and their teeth fall out.
>>
RAINING DUCKS
>>
>>8786202
Protag wakes up to a loud crash. Mom just brought home a golden retriever. When everyone in the house goes to work and school, NEET protag plays with dog. Dog talks. It's evil doge.
>>
Overcast summer morning. Protag gets a mysterious call from a russian prefix.
Raspy breathing.
"dead snow, you're on show," hang up.
it starts to snow.

I could kick Steven King's ass at horror, holy shit this is so easy.
>>
wagecuck wakes up in an aircraft luggage compartment. Tries to recollect the night before. A date. What was in that drink?
Cage rattling beside him. o noes wuts dat!?

Fucking better concept than pet sematary.
>>
Two Jews walk into a bar. They buy it.
it's haunter
Boom! The Shining dethroned.
>>
23 year old neet has a possessed hand, can't stop masturbating.
you know what to title it, desu
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.