[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw lost all faith and moral objectivity in the last few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (141KB, 1035x742px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 1035x742px
>tfw lost all faith and moral objectivity in the last few months
>tfw you realize Marx was right about organized religion
>>
>>8783324
What did he say about organized religion?
>>
>>8783339
Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.
>>
>>8783355
He's talking more about social conditions being oppressive than about religious belief
>>
>>8783324
>sharing a religion with someone else
Big mistake. Few people are worth your time, and trying to find them certainly isn't.
Having your own religion means nobody else can bring shame upon it.
>>
File: fedora katana.jpg (75KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
fedora katana.jpg
75KB, 500x375px
>>8783324
>mfw I am a college freshman too
>>
>>8783370
Nope, Marx would describe religious belief as a social condition

Lrn 2 dialectics
>>
>Americans still think objective morality and religion are the same thing
>>
>>8783355
so does the tooth fairy, and santa clous
>>
>>8783397
It's hard to have objective morality without an absolute moral arbiter.
>>
>>8783355
he was wrong.religion is just a way with ppl of shared values to network and support each other...people who love european culture, freedom and prosperity express their shared values through the christian faith. people who love oriental despotism, violence and death express their shared values through islamic faith. people who value resentment, poverty and and dictatorship express their shared values through the communist party, and so on and so forth...it's not about "the sigh of the masses under oppression" or else rich dudes like Rockefeller or Bin-Laden wouldn't be religious as fuck.
>>
self preservation is a biological trait

the idea the soul exists after death is your primal subconscious being afraid of death
>>
>>8783419
Where is your evidence for this?
>>
>>8783426
sorry forgot to add

t. me
>>
how do I believe in God again lads

prayer and worship feel so artificial
>>
bros recommend me a rad protestant church in manhattan where i can network with patrician one percenters, i'm thinking Episcopalian, any recs?
>>
>>8783450
Try ritual dancing and annual child sacrifices.
>>
>>8783450
do it like you believe it.
>>
>>8783324
Like most zealots, he was right about every religion but his own; don't convert to Marxism just because you're no longer a theist.
>>
>>8783450
You can't. Once you cease believing in fairy tales you can't go back without hard evidence.
>>
Marx is a fuckhead neet and commies should be gassed
you should unironically read stirner op
>>
>>8783404
What's hard is having objective morality *with* an absolute moral arbiter, see Euthyphro dilemma. A majority of philosophers accept moral realism but basically none accept divine command theory.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.