[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /necessitarian/? 'Possibility' properly relates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: シャンプー by めごちも.png (88KB, 436x555px) Image search: [Google]
シャンプー by めごちも.png
88KB, 436x555px
Who here /necessitarian/?
'Possibility' properly relates only to subjective and falliable human certainty and to nothing else- not to some worthless, meaningless ghostly 'multiple true future states of affairs', nor to a supposed and perpetually disproven 'lack of a true future state of affairs'. Further, those who maintain otherwise insult the Divine Sovereignity, and are in fact crypto-polytheists and idolaters, not true monotheists.
>>
>>8783045
So when can something be said to be true? Only when it has happened?
>>
>>8783055
I'm not quite sure what you mean.
Put simply, there is always one true future state of affairs [for, say, a year from now]. This state of affairs is not infallibly known by humans, and so cannot be infallibly asserted to be true. But it is true regardless, since it will come to pass.
>>
>>8783088

But because humans have free will, though we agree only one future state can occur, it is not set in stone, because a person has a choice, whether to do this or this or this or this or this or that, right now the future in which one of those thises was the one chosen does not exist, because humans have the ability to choose out of multiple choices, the future is crafted by choice.
>>
File: Sawasawa.full.1957293.jpg (1MB, 1700x1195px) Image search: [Google]
Sawasawa.full.1957293.jpg
1MB, 1700x1195px
>>8783045
I've always been a determinist. I imagine everything in the universe as a metaphysical necessity relating back to God. So basically, I think that the only reason two plus two equals four is because the nature of the divine love determined it and is determining it, and that such a reality where this is not the case is impossible, not because it would have empirical consequences but because such a reality was never in the divine intellect to begin with.
That is to say, metaphysics is prior to epistemology.
>>
File: 1507280.jpg (363KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
1507280.jpg
363KB, 500x712px
>>8783133
And choice is in turn crafted by the operation of unconscious matter in the universe, which itself is determined in relation to the subsisting principle of existence which is God.
The divine love of God is the only cause of objectivity, any opposite assertion has the consequence that nothing is possible to exist abject from perception and experience, and by extension that perception cannot exist since perception is dependent on objectively occurring phenomena, this bottoms out in the assertion that existence is the same as non-existence which is of course to say that nothing exists, which is wrong because we perceive that things do exist.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.