[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do women really read her books or do they just watch the movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
Do women really read her books or do they just watch the movies? Her writing is pretty advanced and this is the same audience that reads YA books. I have a hard time believing they can comprehend her advanced prose.
>>
File: 375408.jpg (31KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
375408.jpg
31KB, 540x540px
>>8782384
All the women that I've met that's even heard of these works, have only watched the movies.

Not to say that they aren't capable of understanding the prose, but films are marketed in such a way that entices them into submission in a way that only a woman could fall under.

Why does this board hate women so much? I've had my fair share of getting fucked over by women, believe me, but I have never developed such pathological feelings towards women such as this board does.
>>
>>8782766
>literally only women are dumb enough to be so swayed under the influence of a dumb movie
>lol why do you guys hate women so much haha?
>>
>>8782766
/r9k/ infestation.
Two years or so ago we could have threads on women writers with little to no trolling.
>>
>implying OP understands half the stereotypes she used as characters from their vocab
not happening.
>>8782766
>dat pic
errytime
>>
File: 1464566447210.jpg (59KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1464566447210.jpg
59KB, 540x405px
>>8782774
I didn't say women were dumb, I just implied that women are susceptible to enjoy to certain things, just as men are to certain things. It's not always the case, but it's a safe assumption.

>>8782775
Why would robots even come here, let alone stay?

>>8782778
>>
>>8782801
>>>8782778 (You)
nice.
>>8782801
>Why would robots even come here, let alone stay?
board came from /r9k/.
>>
>>8782775
But the OP is creating a real discussion, it is the rest of you turning it into a woman hate fest.
>>
>>8782766
yikes
I saw like 4 or 5 adaptations of Austen between 13 and 16, the three Pride and Prejudice ones after reading the book at 14.
Period films are their own genre and doesn't necessarily relate to wanting to read the books or not preferring other books (I like horror and noir movies, but don't have much interest in reading either.).
Also there's the assumption that old=hard to read or boring (not gender specific), so there's that barrier. But I also know girls who otherwise read middleborw mainstream fiction or thrillers who also read Jane Austen and not many other 19th century fiction.
>>8782965
>I have a hard time believing they can comprehend her advanced prose.

and Austen isn't hard to read dingus, there's a reason it's been popular for a hundred years
>>
>>8782384
>>8782766
>>8782801

Fuck off back to your containment board
>>8782965
>women only read YA

You're boring. Fuck off with this identity politics shit
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.