[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What books can teach a socially inept person how to socialize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: images.png (7KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7KB, 206x245px
What books can teach a socially inept person how to socialize and make friends?
>>
>>8781567
How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
Richest Man in Babylon - George S. Clason
>>
>>8781567
The complete works of Plato.

Socrates was an ugly spaz but he was friends all over Athens, most ~50 years younger.
>>
>>8781567
I know fake it until you make it is an unhelpful platitude, but it's how I did it.
>>
>>8781567
The best way of learning social skills is experience, all other methods are faulty.
>>
Tbh ive probably read every well known book on that subject there is but I still never get anywhere in social interactions, people can just sense im an autistic weirdo
>>
>>8781567
Read books charged with masculinity like the Iliad, Moby Dick and Mishima's stuff

Self-help books is like trying to learn tennis from reading books
>>
>>8781922
good advice
>>
>>8781922
I think this is pretty good advice. There's a moment in the anime Samurai Flamenco where the MC is humming a tune to his favorite show based upon being a manly man saving the earth to get him through a moment he'd otherwise be too autistic to overcome.

Fiction is a huge confidence booster if you find the right way to utilize it, and model yourself after it, without becoming a fedora wearing landwhale.

Also, just be yourself :^)
>>
>>8781567
That's like asking which anime can teach me to have sex.
>>
>>8782089
densha otoko
>>
Books aren't going to help you, you need to meet people and learn to not be a sperg that way. Or go to a psychologist and have them teach you socializing skills and strategies to minimize your autism
>>
File: 1479531600806.jpg (125KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479531600806.jpg
125KB, 600x800px
>>8781567
The only true epiphany is weariness. Suffer long and regret your helplessness, the day will come when you've had your fill, of either loneliness or life, and you will be free to escape one or the other.
>>
I was going to scroll past this thread, but decided to bite just for the hell of it.

I'll be honest, I've never been where you are. I've always been incredibly charismatic. Despite being not particularly economically privileged, I got everything I ever wanted simply through charm and guile. However, I've known people in your position and can impart some advice that helped them.
>>
>>8781567
Notes from Underground
>>
not my diary desu
>>
File: images-5.jpg (67KB, 697x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
67KB, 697x1080px
>>
>>8783607
Well? Don't you have anything else to say?
>>
File: 1471132917533.jpg (361KB, 1194x702px) Image search: [Google]
1471132917533.jpg
361KB, 1194x702px
>>8781567
Just read a lot of dialogue heavy stuff and imagine yourself in those situations to practice talking with people. This will also help because you'll remember smart things you said to imaginary people in the shower for conversation. You'll also remember stuff you thought just didn't work and to not say them.
>>
>>8781567
Just go to a PUA site and actually follow the advice if you want to meet girls.

Finding friends is harder, you actually need to have common interests for that. Drinking beer and a sharp wit are pretty helpful though. Should be easy in Uni.
>>
>>8782089
boku no pico
>>
>>8782482
nah thanks, if i go to a psychologist he'll say i have to take the brain washing pills
>>
>>8783607
Some examples ?
>>
Okay so my own theory is this:

First off, do you want to do what you stated with low, pop, or high culture?

Choose which one then figure out what's liked and disliked. For example, with pop culture you will need to find sport teams to root for and you will need to listen to the right music. Once you figure out what you must know and know it well, then you'll be able to have conversations will sorts of people who belong in that culture.

If you want to socialize and make friends with high culture, start with the Greeks.
>>
>>8783607
>you really think someone would do that
>just go on the internet and tell lies
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.