[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Didn't write a single word for my book >Instead I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: make america.jpg (147KB, 640x675px) Image search: [Google]
make america.jpg
147KB, 640x675px
>Didn't write a single word for my book
>Instead I wrote some shitty essay about what millenials fear

At least I wrote something r-right guys
>>
Sounds really pretentious
>>
Nothing you wrote write will ever be published, or read, or cared about by anyone but your grandma. Please stop this insipidness
>>
>>8772545
what do millenials fear?
>>
>>8772545
Can we at least read it?

I want to know what I supposedly fear, other then OPs ensuing faggotry
>>
>>8772559
>>8772589
In short, but not that short:
Having a worse life than our parents in terms of success and accomplishment. That is true to all young people throught history, but it's seems worse this time

Just getting a degree isn't enough to get a reasonable job. Along with that companies don't need that many workers to remain productive and growing. Soon with the fast advance of AI white collar workers will suffer with automation

It looks to me that we're living a transational period, kids born 10 years from now will have a much better view of the whole picture, therefore have better opportunities while we are stuck and a limbo. Our biggest fear is to be some kind of lost generation

I hope you disagree with all that
>>
File: eater-of-presidents.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
eater-of-presidents.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
>>8772559
Having their genders mixed up, manspreading, micro-aggressions, hoax global warming, the list goes on.
>>
File: 1476204838115.webm (325KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476204838115.webm
325KB, 400x400px
>>8772612
Don't be worried about expansive automation.

Be worried about government regulation making easy jobs so expansive and so easy for lawsuits that even an experimental machine that will only pay itself back in 12 years is better than hiring.

t. actual employer of 200 people in Starbucks
>>
File: 1478489807061.jpg (80KB, 624x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478489807061.jpg
80KB, 624x960px
>>8772612
>Having a worse life than our parents in terms of success and accomplishment. That is true to all young people throught history, but it's seems worse this time
More or less yeah

>Just getting a degree isn't enough to get a reasonable job. Along with that companies don't need that many workers to remain productive and growing. Soon with the fast advance of AI white collar workers will suffer with automation

Yeah, that's pretty shitty. I'm looking at applying to college as we speak, and desu I can't think of any program or major I should go into that'll allow me to find good work afterwards.

>It looks to me that we're living a transational period, kids born 10 years from now will have a much better view of the whole picture, therefore have better opportunities while we are stuck and a limbo. Our biggest fear is to be some kind of lost generation

Ehhhh, you'll have to expand on this one senpai
>>
>>8772612
That MIGHT be kind of true but only for americans, the rest of the world is fine
>>
>>8772618
Honestly, with the total exportation of industrial jobs in North America, most entry level jobs and such went to retail and service. Yet with the advent of A.I technology we can even see these jobs becoming obsolete for humans, its cheaper to get a robot to do it then a human right?

Crazy times we're living in.
>>
>>8772624
>Rest of the world
>Fine
Were all fucked.
>>
File: asuka.png (693KB, 537x538px) Image search: [Google]
asuka.png
693KB, 537x538px
>>8772624
>the rest of the world is fine
lol

if i wasnt american i would kill myself
>>
>>8772636
>
The standards of living in North America and Western Europe is a double edged sword desu. We're living the finest lives out of the entire world.
>>
>>8772612
I don't get it though. Literally major in finance if you're worried about material success.

If you come from a poor family that cannot afford to keep you housed as you go to a city or state college for four years and for the first few working years after then I get it; your life will be more difficult. If that's the case, however, then it's a given you'll be more successful than your parents anyway but probably less successful than your peers.

For anyone else you can literally become more successful than your parents by majoring in anything, working a city job while living at home, after two or three years using all the money you saved to put a down payment on a two or four family house that you pay back by renting out. Now you're a property owner at 24 who, by your parents age, will probably be significantly more wealthy than them. Most people won't want or do that though because it's not as simple as being wealthier or more successful than their parents.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.