[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need something from one of those listed in the image relating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Philosophers.png (14KB, 118x746px) Image search: [Google]
Philosophers.png
14KB, 118x746px
I need something from one of those listed in the image relating wisdom and rationality. What advice can you give me? Any specific selection/work?

For those interested in the context of this: Fuck unreliable people, and fuck lazy professors, basically.
>>
>>8768397
aurelius, meditations
>>
>>8768397
Let Nietzsche destroy your conception of 'rationality' and 'wisdom'.
>>
>>8768407
Nietzsche wrote extensively, and seems to require quite a bit of perquisite knowledge to understand. Am I wrong in this assessment?
>>
>>8768404
From briefly looking through Meditations, it doesn't seem that he speaks too extensively on either wisdom or rationality. Is this just a factor of my translation? Did I miss something key? Perhaps you could point to some section or line that illustrate what you mean?
>>
I don't honestly know why I was expecting much help.
>>
>>8768424
Yes, you start with the Greeks.
>>
>>8768598
I, unfortunately, don't have time to start with the Greeks. That's the crux of this thread. I don't have time to do it properly, so ask for advice. At least, it was going to be, but I don't foresee much further help coming.
>>
>>8768397
David Hume - An Enquiry concerning Human Understanding and the Principles of Morals

Focus on reason for deducing the truth of the world.
>>
>>8768608
Go to /pol/ and /r9k/ if you want easy answers
>>
>>8768615
Thank you. I'll look into that.

>>8768616
I'm not really looking for easy answers. I'm looking for expedience. I would love to go about this properly, and start at the beginning and get to where I need to be. I simply don't have the time at the moment. I was supposed to be doing something basically unrelated, and had this assignment dropped on me at the last minute.
>>
>>8768439

He's maybe not speaking *on* wisdom as much as speaking wisdom per se
>>
>>8768675
Ah. Thank you. I'll look again with that in mind and see what I can glean from it.
>>
this is only somewhat related but I don't want to make a thread.
Does anyone know any philosophical writings that explore why people tend to elect corrupt politicians and why people trust politicians with a record of corruption to serve their constituency in their best interests? Psychologyor sociologist recommendations would also be highly appreciated.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.