[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

srsly /lit/ how f*cked are we? Will we make it? are we doomed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: giphy (24).gif (997KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (24).gif
997KB, 500x256px
srsly /lit/ how f*cked are we? Will we make it? are we doomed to entropy?
I'm coming to you out of all the other /anons/ i expect you to know the most.
Also, what book would you read if you knew the world ended tomorrow?
>>
Stop right there kid. You're just feeling down and want some faggots to tell you some faggotry to feel better because your teenage life is shit.

But your thread is so low-quality and low-energy that I'd recommend you to read the fucking Art of the Deal.

Faggot.
>>
Things will continue, in some ways worse, in some ways better, until they don't anymore. It's all beyond your control anyway, so in the meantime just focus your efforts on pursuing your interests and cultivating meaningful relationships.
>>
File: 1470954024277.jpg (70KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
1470954024277.jpg
70KB, 1280x721px
>>8767584
The way I see it, anon, is we have two paths before us. On one side, we have a bright future. Humankind learns to put aside petty differences, learns to work together, and the resulting discoveries propel us into an eternal golden age.

On the other side, we have a slow, painful decline fueled by hatred, ignorance, and fear. Despite the best efforts of a minority of thinkers, the human race falls once again like all the great empires of the past. We drift into a new dark age where we are savaged by plague, disease, and war. Eventually, the Earth is reduced to a global wasteland and humans eke out a miserable existence.

But hey, that's just me.
>>
>>8767584
>Also, what book would you read if you knew the world ended tomorrow

My diary, desu
>>
>>8767584
No matter what happens the universe will crunch out, so just chill and enjoy the ride.
>>
>>8767641
New Dark Ages when?
>>
>>8767584
>doomed to entropy

Duh. It's a fundamental constant of the universe.
>>
File: giphy copy.gif (122KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
giphy copy.gif
122KB, 300x300px
>>8767614
my childhood friends are drug addicts, mentally ill, dissolved by the acid in their brain, either sold themselves into money or drugs. society is crumbling, politicians in my country won't allow communities build apartment complexes to house immigrants. Instead they will be put into hotels or halfway houses. They will be put into fucking Hotels and we will be taxed to keep them their. My brother's wife works so hard that she having hallucinations. And even that will not be enough to sustain this society. And the politicians are just empty talk with no solution, just bandaid remedies to have us all feel somewhat better. They play us like fiddles knowing the "Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."
The family which is required to nurture us, is cut in half by these Marxist demagogues, where the child is convinced they are better off alone. Inside this gap between the parents the state comes in and fills them with vain conceit until they resemble a cancerous cell more than a person. For they are so indoctrinated that they act against their best interests reproducing these means of production which create this degeneration. Worse yet they claim proper values as their cause. They fight against racism, but they propagate it. They fight against sexism, but they imbalance the sexes. They fight for diversity by forming a cesspit of multiculturalism frankensteining these wonderous traditions to a noose around the head of the young future we are to raise.
Now tell me, exactly how are we going to survive this?
>>
>>8767584
>how f*cked are we?
We cannot know.
But from what've been reading I am expecting renewed warfare, social conflict and even more environmental destruction.

Automation and economic distress will potentially result in a lot of social conflict: implying it hasn't already started.

Climate change, water shortages, energy and food crisis, environmental destruction and so on and so on, could result in massive human migrations. Plus those potential wars of course.

Population biologist turned historian Peter Turchin suggest that structural-demographic changes cause social conflict (which includes civil war) and that the factors he use to model that point to the direction of the United States going through this structural-demographic crisis.

My own pet theory is that the health care system is going to blow up, due to it costing more than it fixes (unless you are a big pharmaceutical company).
>>
>>8767684
This is exactly the sort of things I am worry about. How do we survive this?
Also, What other authors than Peter Turchin do you recommend so I can understand it more?
>>
>>8767684
>expecting renewed warfare
We have been in a state of continuous warfare for a couple of decades. Global conflict is more prevalent than it has been since WW2.
>social conflict
This has been happening for over a century.
>more environmental destruction.
Multiple centuries.
>could result in massive human migrations.
These crises are occurring and massive human migration is what is currently happening.
>going through this structural-demographic crisis.
No shit.
>My own pet theory is that the health care system is going to blow up, due to it costing more than it fixes (unless you are a big pharmaceutical company).
The current government is on a big privatization path. Expect this situation to become more exacerbated and expand to other utilities.
>>
>>8767746
All governments are on privatisation paths, and have been for the past 40 years
>>
>>8767675
You don't have to fucking care about the world, because the world doesn't care about you. YOU have to care about yourself.

What do you want ?
>>
>>8767709
>Also, What other authors than Peter Turchin do you recommend so I can understand it more?
You know that doesn't make it better, right? We are not the ones who can prevent much at all.

You could read "techno-fix" which talks about some of the problems of society, and "The systems view of life" for some potential solutions.
>How do we survive this?
I am a pessimist in the sense that I always have a bad-case scenario in mind, and a relatively well scenario, but never a good-case scenario.

We could survive it by structuring our society in a way that makes it resistant to shocks. We should not strive for efficiency but redundancy. I also think we should lower our consumption.

But there's a lot I don't know yet. I personally hope that some of these things start to impact now so people will act.

It would actually be somewhat better if climate change claimed its first victim so that people see it as a threat and act.
>>
>>8767746
I am not claiming they are not happening, just that the intensity could potentially be increasing.
>>going through this structural-demographic crisis.
>No shit.
But are you aware of what that means?
>>8767746
>The current government is on a big privatization path. Expect this situation to become more exacerbated and expand to other utilities.
I am not American. I think like this because of how I see treatment is done in my own country.

In my country we also have an aging population who most likely eat even shittier then the past generations and who require even more pills and care to keep them alive.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.