[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most "iconic" scene in literature? The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (69KB, 508x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 508x512px
What is the most "iconic" scene in literature? The suicide of Romeo and Juliet?
>>
>>8767343
The blackened tortilla soaking up the last of the soup.
>>
The crucifixion of Christ is the most important scene for sure. Culturally and spiritually.
>>
>>8767348
>>8767355
Besides this.
>>
>>8767358
The Garden of Eden.
>>
>>8767392
Look nigger fuck off nothing from religious texts ok?
>>
>>8767401
*tips fedora* xD
>>
>>8767401
Exodus? :)
>>
>>8767401
Pinocchio killing the talking cricket.
>>
the trojans springing from the horse you idiots
>>
>>8767445
That's from history, not from literature.

>lol 9/11 guys
>>
>>8767355
>spiritually

So much hokum.
>>
>>8767343
That's not even the most iconic Shakespeare scene. I would put Hamlet and Yorick's skull or Lear in the storm above that.
>>
>>8767452
the aeneid is literature. go back to r/books you fag
>>
File: image.jpg (176KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176KB, 1032x774px
>>8767460
>I would put Hamlet and Yorick's skull or Lear in the storm above that.
>>
>>8767470
There is nothing edgy about it.
>>
>>8767460
Neither of those are known to people who don't read. The phrase "To be or not to be" is, but most people couldn't tell you where it came from, only that it was Shakespeare. King Lear is not nearly as widely known as you'd expect.
>>
File: donquixote.jpg (11KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
donquixote.jpg
11KB, 244x207px
>>
When Holden rapes his sister Phoebe
>>
>>8767797
I knew I'd see this here fucking hell
>>
>>8767343

Wouldn't the balcony scene be more iconic? I mean I'd bet more people could quote at least part of that whereas the suicide...you'd get nothing
>>
Achilles chasing Hector.
"But soft"
"The Horror, The Horror"
>>
>>8767882
>"But soft"
?
>>
>>8767904
i stand correcterd
>>
>>8767460
>not Caesar's murder scene
>not the Balcony Scene
I do have to agree with Hamlet and Yorick's skull however.

Julius Caesar, Hamlet, and Romeo and Juliet are probably the most well known Shakespearean plays, normies would definitely know atleast what you're referring to, even though they've probably never read it.
>>
>>8767343
When Odysseus reveals himself to the suitors. Whooo, boy. I was like: Let the bodies hit the flo'. You could even say it was epic.
>>
Pick a Fairy Tail that has been made into a Disney movie.

There you go, the most iconic scene in literature is the most iconic scene from one of those movies thats actually somewhat true to the original "story".
>>
>>8767418
The Nativity is definitely the most iconic. We have a month of obsession with that scene basically everywhere in the Western world.
>>
>>8767343
Oedipus blinding himself
Hamlet's "to be or not to be"
Gretchen's "wie hast du's mit der Religion" in Faust
>>
>>8767343
Hamlet holding the skull and saying "To be or not to be"
>>
File: oliver-twist.jpg (71KB, 650x389px) Image search: [Google]
oliver-twist.jpg
71KB, 650x389px
>>8767343
>>
>>8767518
>Neither of those are known to people who don't read

Go outside more re Yorick. Lear in the storm I agree
>>
>>8767904
balcony scene in R&J
>>
the beginning of my diary desu
>>
>>8767789
It still amazes me how famous the part with the windmills is although it takes up only about 2 pages.

I guess the most iconic thing would be something that was taken up by pop culture like Frankenstein, Sherlock Holmes, Dracula, etc.
>>
>>8767343
The balcony scene in My Twisted World.
>>
>>8767343
If the bible counts Christ being cruxified.
If not? The Trojan horse.
>>
>>8767343
"You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you"
>>
probably
>>
>>8769385
Oh James you dog.
>>
>>8767343
The angels playing snooker in Jerusalem
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.