[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is better to start with Dostoevsky, The Idiot or Crime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Which is better to start with Dostoevsky, The Idiot or Crime and Punishment?
>>
>>8764317
Crime and Punishment, then Notes, then The Idiot, then some short stories, then Bros K, then Demons
>>
>>8764317
White Nights. And then Notes from the Underground.
>>
just start with what you want, doesn't matter
>>
>>8764317
Start from the bible tbqh
>>
Notes from underground.
>>
>>8764317

Between those two, start with C&P
Or consider a novella first like The Double, The Gambler, or Notes from the House of the Dead
>>
>>8764317
>The Idiot or Crime
>Punishment

Neither of these works exist
>>
>>8766779
>Notes from the House of the Dead
>Novella
>>
>>8764317
Crime and Punishment. After that you can read either path of The Idiot -> The Brothers Karamazov (moralism)
or Notes From Underground -> Devils (cynicism).
>>
>>8767943

It's not considered one of his full-length novels, but I can see how 115,000 words might be considered long for a novella
How about you comment on the actual work or how it relates to OP's question
>>
File: mishkin.jpg (181KB, 572x788px) Image search: [Google]
mishkin.jpg
181KB, 572x788px
I was originally choosing between C&P and Karamazov but a friend urged me to the death to pick up The Idiot, so I did,

It's a pretty balanced read, but I'm going through it slowly because I'm the kind of reader that constantly backtracks and rereads lines for clarity.
>>
>>8764317
Idiot is easier to read
>>
>>8767943
this is like /tv/ bickering over 'film' vs 'movie' vs 'flick' vs etc.
>>
>>8768016
>How about you comment on the actual work or how it relates to OP's question

How about you kys, faggot.

>>8768071
Learn the difference between a novella and a novel, you dumb fucking faggot.

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>8768080

You seem very upset; it can't possibly have to do with this thread
>>
>>8767942
Wow you're a faggot
>>
>>8768080
tfw this is what 30% of lit is like and litizens wonder man when did reddit make our board so shitty! guess what its not reddit fucking up your board, its raging autists like this.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.