[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone just gave me the old version of the kindle with the keyboard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: kindle.jpg (80KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kindle.jpg
80KB, 1000x1000px
Someone just gave me the old version of the kindle with the keyboard and all. I've never really experienced e-pubs or e-readers and the sticky only shows where to get them, not really what the best way of going about things would be.

Is calibre the recommended e-pub management software?
How do you organize files on a kindle?
Would I be able to convert my notes and outlines and such properly to the e-pub format to review them?
What are your general tips and tricks to using an e-reader effectively?
>>
Use Calibre because it will give you page numbers, easy convertion from epub to mobi, ebook transfer via email and other things

Your notes get stored on a .txt file that you can export to other services, like Evernote
>>
>>8761193
>Is calibre the recommended e-pub management software?
yes

>How do you organize files on a kindle?
i don't get this question, they books just appear in the menus as if they were smartphone apps

>Would I be able to convert my notes and outlines and such properly to the e-pub format to review them?
you can on a kindle but I dunno on the calibre reader

>What are your general tips and tricks to using an e-reader effectively?
these things are fragile, don't slam them on the ground as they are not as resistant as a cellphone

you can probably jailbreak your kindle if you want to get more out of the base os

ereaders aren't hard to use, i suggest you to just start using your kindle to find out
>>
>>8761238
>these things are fragile, don't slam them on the ground as they are not as resistant as a cellphone

>Cellphones
>Resistant

I don't know about the older models, but the newer ones made of a hard plastic and is impossible do break their screen. Mine gets beaten regularly and doesn't have any dents

Buuuut their get scretched very easily, so buy a cheap ass cover for your, or some skin
>>
>>8761271
i'm just speaking from experience, my moto g3 has fallen flat plenty of times and the screen ok minus some scratches. i bought a paperwhite 2 almost 2 years ago and some pencil-like scratches appeared and the screen cracked when my cellphone charger fell on top of the it from at like a 6-8 inch distance

the issue is that scratches on e-readers are kind of ugly because the light tends to pass unfiltered through them, making them more noticeable
>>
>>8761295
I´d have recommended to buy a cover, too. I, for example, always carry it in my backpack, where i put a lot of other things. It would very possibly get scratched if i didn´t have the cover.
They are not expensive. The official one frm amazon costs like $20
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.