[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw just finished reading The Western Canon but seriously,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

>tfw just finished reading The Western Canon
but seriously, what the fuck is his problem?
>>
>>8760244

He has to live with that droopy face
>>
>>8760244
>One of my principal memories is that I and my friends, just to survive, had constantly to fight street battles with neighborhood Irish toughs, some of whom were very much under the influence of a sort of Irish-American Nazi organization called the Silver Shirts. This was back in the 1930s. We were on the verge of an Irish neighborhood over there in the East Bronx. We lived in a Jewish neighborhood. On our border, somewhere around Southern Boulevard, an Irish neighborhood began, and they would raid us, and we would fight back. They were terrible street fights, involving broken bottles and baseball bats. They were very nasty times. I say this even though I’ve now grown up and find that many of my best friends are Irish.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVWiwd0P0c0
I don't know why /lit worships this idiot, Charlie Rose completely obliterated this crusty fool without even trying
>muh old things, not at all like the new things
>>
>>8760253
>you will never fight /pol/tards and trumplets with kid bloom
why even live
>>
I like how he dismisses Dostoevsky for lacking temperament, especially after mentioning his bigoted views, and agrees with Nabokov's assessment of him. Though I agree with Bloom that Doestoevsky seemed incapable of writing satisfactory endings, or at least as stellar as he wrote the beginnings of his novels.

I prefer Carol Oates' analysis of Doestoevsky to Bloom's t.b.h.
>>
File: xflies.jpg (51KB, 633x356px) Image search: [Google]
xflies.jpg
51KB, 633x356px
>I told Bloom that Duchovny, in one of those long ``Playboy'' magazine interviews to which the sexually charismatic are entitled, had talked about being in Bloom's graduate seminar on the Romantic poets when he was at Yale University in the mid-1980s.
>In the interview, Duchovny recalled that an annoyingly brilliant undergraduate named Naomi Wolf (who herself went on to achieve modest celebrity as a feminist writer, and more recently as advisor to Democratic presidential candidate Al Gore) had been the only student daring enough to speak up in class.
>Duchovny continued: ``Bloom was always bemoaning something in his lilting, sad voice, asking about what something would be like, and we'd all be silent, afraid to be exposed. But Naomi Wolf would raise her hand and respond, `It would be a world without adjectives.' And he'd say, `Exactly, my dear.' And I was like, I'm in the wrong place. Not only did I not know the answer. I did not even understand the question. A world without adjectives? I just didn't get it.''
>It was about that time that Duchovny, who was deep into the notoriously bleak playwright Samuel Beckett, abandoned his pursuit of a doctorate in favor of acting.

>tfw Harold Bloom is directly responsible for X-Files being great
>>
>>8760253
Bloom mixed up memory of his childhood and reading Paul Street Boys in his childhood.
>>
File: 1465781841808.jpg (22KB, 276x297px)
1465781841808.jpg
22KB, 276x297px
>>8760244

>D-DON'T POLITICIZE F-FICTION

>DUDE BLOOD MERIDIAN IS SUCH A COMMENTARY ON OUR BARBARIC SECOND AMENDMENT
>>
>>8760289
Paul Street Boys is a shit book
>>
>>8760289
>>8760302

are you hunanons, senpaitachi?
>>
>>8760253
my grandpa is from the Bronx. he told me once he belonged to the white diamonds gang, and they would fight rival gangs over trivial shit like being in the wrong neighborhood or just for fun. not even kidding. why is this no longer a thing? sounds like fun.
>>
>>8760307
I am
It's a shit book
Or,if I want to be lenient,it didn't really touch my soul.
>>
>>8760313
lol...it is...? unless youre being ironic I cant imagine someone being so sheltered.
>>
>>8760307
No, it's obligatory school reading in Croatia. Or it used to be, the lefties got everything by the balls so a lot of good stuff got or is going to be replaced by trash like Neuromancer, Vampire Diaries, local trash lefties etc.
>>
>>8760274
i love this
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.