[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best books to read to learn about islam and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

What are the best books to read to learn about islam and the midl veast?
>>
that one calle
>>
>>8758884
the Quran
>>
>>8758898
>>8758902
The Quaran is a good place to start, but it doesn't really cover a lot of cultural issues of the Middle East. Maybe search for a history on the region starting around mid 19th-century?
>>
>>8758902
but if he reads the quran then he will realize that Islam is violent, barbaric and devoid of any rhetorical merit
>>
File: Messages Image(837398704).png (164KB, 287x304px) Image search: [Google]
Messages Image(837398704).png
164KB, 287x304px
>>8758956
>but if he reads the quran then he will realize that Islam is violent, barbaric and devoid of any rhetorical merit
>>
infinite jest
>>
File: 1453049765631.jpg (2MB, 2392x3968px) Image search: [Google]
1453049765631.jpg
2MB, 2392x3968px
>>
>>8759310
Goddamn why did I even laugh?
On what layer of irony am I now?
>>
>>8759358
This setting totally looks like the scene from the Sherlock Holmes movie with RDJ, minus the green woman of course.
>>
The Study Quran
The Cambridge Companion to the Quran
>>
>>8759364
>Study Quran

I bought this book when it first released, and my parents (who are Sunni Muslims) noticed it and look up one of the authors: Hussein Nasr and saw that he was a Shia Muslim.

There were so mad that I was reading the blasphemy written by him that the disowned me.

I now live by myself. Such is life as a Muslim.
>>
>>8759464
>tfw parents stoned my sister to death for she talked with a Christian man
>tfw parents are now threatening my older brother for defending my little sister
>tfw thinking about running away but if anybody of my village catches me they might set me on fire as a punishment
>tfw I think I'm just going to fuck my goat and go to sleep
such is life as a muslim
>>
>>8759331
are you sure this isn't the "diluted for western secularists" guide to islam
>>
>>8759860
I have no idea, I just have the image saved on my computer.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.