[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who does he hate Buddhism and Taoism? Is it because they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: slavoj-zizek-interview.jpg (90KB, 1300x731px) Image search: [Google]
slavoj-zizek-interview.jpg
90KB, 1300x731px
Who does he hate Buddhism and Taoism?
Is it because they're not mass murdering ideologies who chase beautiful fairytales?
>>
>>8758496
That's it, I'm a Nazi now

Praise KEK!
>>
>>8758496
What's wrong with fairytales? Fairytales can be true. Fairytales can be more true than the other shit we buy as 'reality'.
>>
>>8758521
Ash my favorite Catholic *sniff* theologist -- Chesterton -- said *tugs shirt* "fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten" *sniff*
>>
>>8758521

>Fairytales can be true. Fairytales can be more true than the other shit we buy as 'reality'.

Give me one example of a fairytale that is true.
>>
>>8758532
>exshisht
>shaid
>tailsh
>dragonsh

Can you imagine if Z had something else going on, like a fucking hacking cough or something? Honestly I think we got off lucky with the amusing coke-sniffle.
>>
File: 160114-donald-trump-2-ap-1160.jpg (228KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
160114-donald-trump-2-ap-1160.jpg
228KB, 1160x629px
>>8758541
Come on, you knew this had to be done.
>>
>>8758541
the rise of White Nationalism in the US
>>
he dislike the modern interpretation of them which makes them a delimiter rather than a cultural artifact
>>
His criticism is mostly aimed at mindfulness movement, white upper middle class modernist buddhists who just use buddhism to support their capitalist market mandated desires, with some more criticism lobbed at japanese zen buddhists who supported imperialism.

Of course as a left culture warrior any ideology which is not left Heggelianism is to be crushed with long drawn out rambling talks

Zizek is amusing but his knowledge of Buddhism is basically less than undergrad level
>>
Actually that's precisely why he hates them, try actually watching his videos.
>>
he dislikes religions and philosophies that tacitly enable imperialist fascism and totalitarianism, like Confuscianism, Zen Buddhism, and Taoism do
>>
No, it's because that is precisely what they are and it reminds him of the utter failing of communism to live up to its utopian idealism. Zizek, in truly psychoanalytic manner, blames the East for the failing of the West.
>>
>>8758496
>Taoism
Can I have a [citation needed] moment here?

I looked for his lectures on Daoism, I couldn't find any. I did find the Buddhism ones.
>>
>>8758577

>His criticism is mostly aimed at mindfulness movement, white upper middle class modernist buddhists who just use buddhism to support their capitalist market mandated desires

this
>>
>>8758496
fking epic lol
>>
>>8759027

So he should seriously look at communism too then.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.