[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /lit/'s opinion on Oprah and her book club? I saw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Oprah_Thumbnail_3.jpg (554KB, 1120x600px) Image search: [Google]
Oprah_Thumbnail_3.jpg
554KB, 1120x600px
What is /lit/'s opinion on Oprah and her book club? I saw someone suggest picking up the Faulkner book set from her book club, but I don't know how I feel about owning something that says Oprah Book Club all over it.
>>
>>8754030
I dislike the form of literary appreciation that begins and ends with how well you identify with the characters and what your feels are.

On the other hand, she introduced a lot of people to some good books, it would be wrong to knock it too hard.
>>
>>8754030
There are some good suggestions and some poor ones.
>>
I wouldn't read most most of her choices, but at the end of the day it's just books she likes, nothing I feel strong about.
>>
>>8754089
>nothing I feel strong about

even though she's a "progressive" black woman?

Makes my fucking blood boil
>>
>>8754092
what
>>
>>8754103
It's just an asshurt leftist trying to get a /pol/ witchhunt going.
>>
>>8754030
Literally reading it right now.
It's a nice set and Oprah is based for curating it. Kinda wish it included Absalom, though
>>
>>8754113
This.

No one on /pol/ actually dislikes blacks or women. It's satire
>>
>>8754119
Are they hardcovers?
>>
>>8754121
this might have been true in the past but i'm certain that most of the poster on /pol/ are sincere in their racism and sexism.
>>
>>8754121
No, many of them do. But it is clearly a antiracist leftie who is butthurt over anyone daring to criticize Oprah for any reason.
>>
>>8754235
no, paperback.
I think Modern Library has a nice set of hardcover Faulkners
>>
>>8754030
she never suggested Middlemarch enough for me, so i don't much respect it.
>>
>>8754303
>being so triggered by the people who like Middlemarch that you post this obvious falseflagging shit in every thread

You might as well attach a frog at this point
>>
>>8754311
>giving a shit about how much I love Middlemarch

pleb.
>>
>>8754030
She actually was the one who introduce me to Cormac McCarthy.
>>
>>8754765
her interview with him was qt as fuck
>>
>>8754831
Yea. What an interesting man. It's like he is from another time period. Also I found his way of life really intriguing and humble.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.