[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It feels like everything is culturally irrelevant. Books, movies,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 082.gif (980KB, 305x320px) Image search: [Google]
082.gif
980KB, 305x320px
It feels like everything is culturally irrelevant.

Books, movies, vidyagames, art, theatre etc. It's all consumed hedonistically. Nothing is rewarding or remains in the public consciousness. The final frontier of 'art' is virtual reality. People are going to get their fix in virtual reality headsets because real life is going to be so unrewarding.

Just look at the presidential election. An internet meme was elected because nobody believes in the sanctity of office anymore. And now Shillarycucks are pretending to be devastated for "PEOPLE OF COLOR" to their followers in order to get retweets and likes. Everybody craves the drama, yet it's all extremely shallow.

I mean, lots of people are spacefagging right now, getting their Cosmos fix and watching Elon Musk lectures. Yet the second we touch down on Mars, people are going to realise how unfulfilling it is. Oh look, we moved over there. Fantastic. A few billion more planets to visit I mean conquer, before entropy devours us all huehuehue.

Our existential abyss is approaching, and it's only going to get worse. It feels like we're just waiting around for A.I singularity and the final purge of the human race.

Everything sucks.
>>
File: ano fuck's sakes.jpg (45KB, 620x874px) Image search: [Google]
ano fuck's sakes.jpg
45KB, 620x874px
Anon, that post-modern view of yours is fucking cancer.
>>
WHOA
H
O
A

OP...I beg you...motto
>>
>>8753793
you sound like you just binged the latest south park
>>
>>8753802
Is it post-modern or just lambasting or acknowledging the affects of postmodernity? I can accept the pomo is an accurate view of contempary life while wishing modernism was still the order of the day
>>
>>8753821
the reality of the situation is that metamodernism is still just a sub-branch of pomo

get over yourself, unique snowflake faggot
>>
>>8753852
I never said I was unique. In fact most people I talk to don't like postmodernism.
>>
if you believed in the sanctity of the ridiculous joke known as the american presidential office to begin with you deserve a hand grenade through your window
>>
>>8753793
>sanctity of office
I came on ur mum's sanctitties last night
>>
File: image394.jpg (163KB, 1000x976px) Image search: [Google]
image394.jpg
163KB, 1000x976px
>>8753793
>he became aware of our fate on his own
good job anon. we call this period 'The Age Of Decadence' for future reference. welcome.
>>
>>8753793
My research paper is about technology taking over lives
Trump is great
The only red orb better than Trump is Mars
>Our existential abyss is approaching, and it's only going to get worse. It feels like we're just waiting around for AI singularity and the final purge of the human race
Overdramatic, but too close for comfort
>>
Yes the universe, everything that exists and that what don't is just a big wank off.

But i like wanking off.
>>
>>8753793
>he just realised that God is dead
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.