[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to start with this guy? Clash of Civilisations or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Where to start with this guy? Clash of Civilisations or somewhere else?
>>
>>8753366
Clash of Civilizations was decently argued, I think. The European New Right churning out so many derivative works is a bit much though. Political Order in Changing Societies is much more dense, and I haven't gotten through much of it, but it is a very relevant topic and its good to get his perspective.
>>
Huntington is so outdated and his ideas are rejected by most academics who actually serious about studying globalization. https://www.thenation.com/article/clash-ignorance/
>>
>>8753938
>trusting 'politically correct' academics
>>
File: d74.jpg (44KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
d74.jpg
44KB, 600x592px
>>8753947
>having such a spooked understanding of culture
This isn't about political correctness it's about actually understanding the postmodern world we live in. Huntington acts like these "civilizations" are actual things that exist, as if all the people in these civilizations are doomed to be defined by it. Globalization isn't some clash of "cultures", it's immensely complex, creative, and diversifying process. Yes there's friction in the meeting of cultures that need to be dealt with but they don't justify such a ridiculously simple worldview. Unspook yourself /pol/tard
>>
>>8754001
>these "civilizations" are actual things that exist,

Shared currency, laws, borders, history, language?
>>
>>8754161
Yes those exist but they aren't forces outside of the individuals that make up them, use them, know them. The people there aren't just part of some super-organism, they all have agency, independence, freedom. They bring to it diversity, complexity, and heterogeneity, and all of that is constantly being influenced by globalization and peoples' connections to the world (unless you're in somewhere that's not afftected, which is becoming less and less places)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.