[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished reading The Stranger by Albert Camus, and now I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: camus_face.png (164KB, 600x369px) Image search: [Google]
camus_face.png
164KB, 600x369px
Just finished reading The Stranger by Albert Camus, and now I'm pretty contemplative about life.

Well, I know that the book is a big analogy for his absurdist philosohpy. Like the way the protagonist is indifferent about the world around him and everybody wants to find some meaning for the random things that happened.

But, well, what are you guys thought about it?

>And what should I read now to enter this world of existentialism?
>>
>>8752417
The myth of Sisyphus is regarded as a companion piece to the stranger
Sartre is another major player there, you could try Nausea or Being and Nothingness, as his best know stuff
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>Aujourd'hui, maman est morte.
>>
>>8752417
In addition to Sartre's books Crime and Punishment and East of Eden dealt with existentialism within a fictional story. Kafka is another good one and in one of the essays that is usually packaged with Myth of Sisyphus (maybe it was Myth of Sisyphus) Camus mentions Kafka's works as a great example of absurdism, particularly The Castle. Camus also mentions some characters from Dostoevsky's Demons (or Devils) as absurdist.
>>
>>8752904
Kek
>>
File: spurdo39.png (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo39.png
48KB, 500x500px
>>8752904
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.