[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or did this guy have a lot more going on in his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: kierke.jpg (13KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
kierke.jpg
13KB, 220x326px
Is it just me or did this guy have a lot more going on in his life than I would be led to believe by stiff academic types. In addition to his published works, he maintained a 10,000+ page private journal. What the hell was going on that gave him so much to write about his personal life? Towards his death he wrote that he expected "not only his authorship but his whole life would become the subject of academic study". What did he mean by that?
>>
>>8749736
read his work and youll find out! constantly on a mad one.
>>
>>8749771
>constantly on a mad one.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8749945
Kierky indulged in the finer things in life; LSD, cannabis and opiates to name a few
>>
>>8749970
I know he has been accused of being schizophrenic as he wrote about how he reacted when what he saw and heard didn't line up.
>>
>>8749736
Is it just me or is Kierkegaard almost underrated? Especially as a Christian, many of his views are important to me, but I also feel as if he is one of those philosophers you turn to when you have no one else there for you, you are looking for some form of self help, etc (Nietzsche also does well in this regard) and you find out they are a lot more profound than they seem at first.
>>
>>8750124
>is Christian
>needs more than Jesus
pls go to Him now
>>
>>8750178
>somehow the word important implies that I take Kierkegaard's view as equal to God's
???
Essentially I mean to say Kierk is one of those philosophers who is a great self help tool. He brings up many interesting points that we can see in society and ourselves and through closer examination we can avoid certain pitfalls that Kierk wrote about.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.